Windows 10: How to disable wallpaper sync?

Discus and support How to disable wallpaper sync? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I want to disable the wallpaper sync. Because I want different wallpapers on my copmuter and Laptop. I found on google where to disable it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yek_m, Feb 29, 2020.

1. /u/yek_m Win User

How to disable wallpaper sync?

Hi all,

I want to disable the wallpaper sync. Because I want different wallpapers on my copmuter and Laptop. I found on google where to disable it the settings but I can't change anything and I should contact the systemadmin. I am the Admin on both devices.

Does someone has a solution? Thank you.

submitted by /u/yek_m
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yek_m, Feb 29, 2020

2. How do I disable wallpaper syncing in Windows 10?

That's correct, if you want to disable it, you have to disable the "theme" syncing (which disables wallpaper/screensaver/color sync).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 29, 2020
  3. sync / wallpaper change

Hi,

Your current system may have downloaded an update that caused your wallpaper to revert to the previous one.

Regarding your files, they will not automatically sync if you haven't set your account with OneDrive on your computer.

We suggest that you change your wallpaper, then restart your computer. This will help us to further identify if there's an issue with your system.

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 29, 2020
  4. How to disable wallpaper sync?

Synced Wallpapers

So I had a work laptop that I created a wallpaper on that I really liked. This wallpaper was synced through out all of the machines that I logged into. I think switched jobs and no longer have access to the original file that I created this wallpaper from.
    Is there a way for me to save the synced wallpaper from the other machines that is is synced to?

EricHardman, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

How to disable wallpaper sync?

1. How to disable wallpaper sync? - Similar Threads - disable wallpaper sync

2. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  3. Wallpaper Synced with Work Machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper Synced with Work Machine: Realized this is quite long winded I like to elaborate extensively when telling stories, Missus hates it lol. Added a tldr at the bottom.Hi guys, So I have a home Gaming PC on Win 10 which is logged in using my Microsoft account.Has been for a while and I haven't had any...
  4. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  5. Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?: Whilst I generally appreciate the syncing of settings between my various Windows 10 devices it has occured more than once that Windows synced the wrong wallpaper to my other devices. Sometimes, I misclick and set a picture as my wallpaper instead of editing it through the...
  6. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  7. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in Windows 10 Support
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  8. Disable sync

Disable sync: I want to stop my acer sync. It shows only grey colour on where to turn on or off. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sync/e3810560-d3bf-4280-a905-378182783b35
  9. Wallpaper not syncing across computers

Wallpaper not syncing across computers: Hi, I have a weird problem. I log into my laptop and PC with the same MS account and have sync everything ticked on both computers. So, in theory, the theme should sync between them, correct? Well, I use the folder C:\Users\username\Pictures\Wallpapers to store over 300...
  10. Windows 10 wallpaper sync

Windows 10 wallpaper sync: Something that works some times and doesn't work other times. Two Windows 10 computers on the same workgroup and signed into the same Microsoft account and operating through the same router and sharing the same Internet account. All Windows 10 sync settings are turned on...