Windows 10: How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread

Discus and support How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently purchased a new laptop and every time I plug in the headphones it annoys me with "Which Device Did You Plug In?" prompt. Today was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Syvonar, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Syvonar Win User

How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread

I've recently purchased a new laptop and every time I plug in the headphones it annoys me with "Which Device Did You Plug In?" prompt.

Today was the day I had enough of it and I decided to try and fix it, but after 3 hours straight of seeing old posts with outdated windows versions just did not help.

I finally found a solution myself, but I'm also seeing another person with the same issue, without a much outdated version of Windows.

I wanted to reply to him that I've found a solution, but the thread is locked??? Why would a thread be locked? That just doesn't make sense.

So I looked into his profile to see if I can direct message him, guess what, I can't.

So there is no way that I can tell another user that I have found a solution to a problem on Windows? That's just bs.

Here is this user's thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-plug-in/ae3f40a4-2d30-4d8a-b9b9-f2a1efa658e0

What could I do to get Microsoft to unlock it? Or how do I let the user know my solution to this problem?

:)

Syvonar, Oct 15, 2019

2. Device Installer Prompt

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Upon plugging in the USB to VGA adapter, are you able to see it on the File Explorer?
    • Have you tried plugging the USB to VGA adapter to the other computer? Does it give you the Device Installer Prompt?

We will need to reset your Autoplay settings and reconfigure it. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • On the Control Panel, choose Hardware and Sounds.
    • Click AutoPlay.
    • On the lower part, click Reset all defaults.
    • Restart your computer.

After the restart, plug in the USB to VGA adapter, then check if it prompt.

Let us know it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Headphones output device is not plugged in

A quick update about additional steps I tried:

1. Uninstall KB4512508 (no effect)
    2. Re-install KB4512508 (no effect)
    3. Disable and re-enable High Definition Audio Device via device manager (no effect)

As a last ditch I booted the PC with a live OS from USB storage and to my surprise the Headphones socket on the front panel was detected and worked fine. I think this should rule out a hardware-related issue.

Once again, I would appreciate any suggestion to solve this problem.

Best regards,

randomisator, Oct 15, 2019
  4. How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread

1. How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread - Similar Threads - disable Device Did

2. How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?: Whenever you plug a headphone you'll get this prompt in Windows 11.Most answers online are for the Windows 10 not 11. I did try the Windows 10 solutions but it doesn't work for Windows 11....
  3. How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?: Whenever you plug a headphone you'll get this prompt in Windows 11.Most answers online are for the Windows 10 not 11. I did try the Windows 10 solutions but it doesn't work for Windows 11....
  4. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  5. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  6. How to get the "Which device did you plug in?" pop up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get the "Which device did you plug in?" pop up?: When I first got this laptop every time my headphones got plugged in a pop-up would come up asking what device I plugged in. I got tired of selecting it every time the jack game out so I hot do not show again. I accidently hit that I was plugging in a headset when I actually...
  7. Disabling "Which device did you plug in?" notification

Disabling "Which device did you plug in?" notification: I have been looking for a solution for a while, but I can't find one that works for me. I have been trying to disable this notification: This pops up whenever I plug in headphones or earbuds, and neither will start producing sound until I click 'OK'. [ATTACH] The...
  8. How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...: Every time I plug my headphones in, I get this prompt asking me which device I plugged in and I have to click on "OK" everytime. It's super annoying and sometimes I misclick, causing the notification to go away and me having to re-plug the headphones. How do I make it...
  9. How to disable "Which device did you plug in?" Prompt.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable "Which device did you plug in?" Prompt.: I've read a lot of queries asking how to disable the obnoxious prompt and have figured out a method of doing so without control panel. This is done on Windows 10. Go to the settings application by pressing the windows key or clicking the windows icon at the bottom left...
  10. How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

How to disable "which device did you plug in?": This thing pops up whenever I plug in my headphones. The ring tone associated with it is super obnoxious. How do I get it to remember the choice and stop asking? [ATTACH] Clicking the clock thing in the upper left corner doesn't give me any options. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which devi did you plug in

2. which device did you plug in prompt reenable

3. which device did you plug in prompt