Windows 10: How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

Discus and support How to disable "which device did you plug in?" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This thing pops up whenever I plug in my headphones. The ring tone associated with it is super obnoxious. How do I get it to remember the choice and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Heidirs, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Heidirs Win User

How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

This thing pops up whenever I plug in my headphones. The ring tone associated with it is super obnoxious. How do I get it to remember the choice and stop asking?

How to disable "which device did you plug in?" 0ed10d65-4b67-4d7c-9723-4817a44a7878?upload=true.png

Clicking the clock thing in the upper left corner doesn't give me any options.

How to disable "which device did you plug in?" 7223e13d-7b97-4983-b13e-1e41a344f947?upload=true.png

:)

Heidirs, Mar 1, 2019

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Mar 1, 2019
  4. How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

Windows is no longer recognising headphones as a seperate device / output when plugged in

Hi Annu,

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried the suggested steps however the headphones do not show up even if I select show disabled devices.

When I first plugged in the device, it should have detected this as a new device however it did not. I am not sure I should try to add it manually?

Ves Akbayir, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

1. How to disable "which device did you plug in?" - Similar Threads - disable device did

2. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.: Whenever I plug in my earphones into my computer, I don't get the pop-up "Which device did you plug in?" When I checked my audio device on "Hardware and Sound" It said it was not plugged in?...
  3. How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?: Whenever you plug a headphone you'll get this prompt in Windows 11.Most answers online are for the Windows 10 not 11. I did try the Windows 10 solutions but it doesn't work for Windows 11....
  4. How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?

How to disable "which device did you plug in" in Windows 11?: Whenever you plug a headphone you'll get this prompt in Windows 11.Most answers online are for the Windows 10 not 11. I did try the Windows 10 solutions but it doesn't work for Windows 11....
  5. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  6. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  7. How to get the "Which device did you plug in?" pop up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get the "Which device did you plug in?" pop up?: When I first got this laptop every time my headphones got plugged in a pop-up would come up asking what device I plugged in. I got tired of selecting it every time the jack game out so I hot do not show again. I accidently hit that I was plugging in a headset when I actually...
  8. Disabling "Which device did you plug in?" notification

Disabling "Which device did you plug in?" notification: I have been looking for a solution for a while, but I can't find one that works for me. I have been trying to disable this notification: This pops up whenever I plug in headphones or earbuds, and neither will start producing sound until I click 'OK'. [ATTACH] The...
  9. How to disable "Which device did you plug in?" Prompt.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable "Which device did you plug in?" Prompt.: I've read a lot of queries asking how to disable the obnoxious prompt and have figured out a method of doing so without control panel. This is done on Windows 10. Go to the settings application by pressing the windows key or clicking the windows icon at the bottom left...
  10. How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread

How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread: I've recently purchased a new laptop and every time I plug in the headphones it annoys me with "Which Device Did You Plug In?" prompt. Today was the day I had enough of it and I decided to try and fix it, but after 3 hours straight of seeing old posts with outdated windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable which device did you plug in