Windows 10: How to disable Window 10 PIN login

Discus and support How to disable Window 10 PIN login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally left my Surface Pro 5 at the airport and it was stolen earlier in the week. Is there any to disable the 4 digit PIN password? I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by webguy 7, Dec 8, 2018.

1. webguy 7 Win User

How to disable Window 10 PIN login

I accidentally left my Surface Pro 5 at the airport and it was stolen earlier in the week. Is there any to disable the 4 digit PIN password? I am concerned that the person who stole it can simple try all combinations 0000-9999 and will eventually get into my computer. I am concerned as Edge browser has stored a bunch of my logion passwords to banks, finance etc.

:)

webguy 7, Dec 8, 2018

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Window 10 PIN login - Similar Threads - disable Window PIN

2. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  3. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  4. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I disable the login PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable the login PIN?: I bought a laptop for my special needs son and don't want any kind of login username/password or PIN. Right now, there's a pin. I want to disable it. When I followed the instructions for doing so, the 'remove' button for removing the PIN was greyed out....
  6. How can I disable the login PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the login PIN?: I bought a laptop for my special needs son and don't want any kind of login username/password or PIN. Right now, there's a pin. I want to disable it. When I followed the instructions for doing so, the 'remove' button for removing the PIN was greyed out....
  7. How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?

How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?: How can I turn off login pin or fingerprint? [Original Title: Log on] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-or-fingerprint-login/e0e3c77f-00e7-4091-82b9-87db51da470e
  8. Disable PIN login

Disable PIN login: I want to remove PIN login, I just want to use my password. No, I can't just remove it from settings. The text under 'Windows Hello PIN' in settings says: "This option is currently unavailable–click to learn more" despite the fact that I just logged in using the pin. The...
  9. Disable password/pin on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password/pin on login: Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log in? Do I need to switch from a Microsoft account login to a local account login? If I do switch will that change anything i.e.,...
  10. login pin keyboard disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login pin keyboard disabled: I am unable to login using my PIN. Nothing I type appears on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-keyboard-disabled/3945eace-c204-4293-bf71-40ccb35f75ad"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 disable pin login