Windows 10: how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt

Discus and support how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! how to disable windows 10 home' (1903) hello-pin create prompt it actually starts to annoy I don't need f... pin I have a password. Maybe... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Janis....., Nov 19, 2019.

1. how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt

Hello!

how to disable windows 10 home' (1903) hello-pin create prompt

it actually starts to annoy

I don't need f... pin I have a password.
    Maybe somebody have ideas how to disable this prompt.

P.S. for windows programmers, please don't think like APPLE - "we know what you need and how is better"

Please leave choice for user

thank you

:)

Janis....., Nov 19, 2019

2. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 19, 2019
  4. how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt

1. how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt - Similar Threads - disable home 1903

2. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt: I'm trying to sign into Office. Email and Password are correct but then I get 'Use Windows Hello with your account', and prompted to insert a PIN. I don't have a PIN as I have never used Windows Hello and I don't want to set it up. I can't get past this loop. 'Cancel' takes...
  3. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt: I'm trying to sign into Office. Email and Password are correct but then I get 'Use Windows Hello with your account', and prompted to insert a PIN. I don't have a PIN as I have never used Windows Hello and I don't want to set it up. I can't get past this loop. 'Cancel' takes...
  4. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  6. Creating windows hello pin

Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  7. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?

How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?: As stated in the subject line, does anyone know how to disable having to change the Windows Hello PIN every couple months? I tried changing some of the registry editor values, in particular I followed the steps in this link:...
  9. Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts

Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts: Hey.I use my MS account password to log into my desktop computer operating Windows 10. Despite this, and for over a year now, Windows Hello is pestering me whenever I launch to know if I want to set up a pin. I have to skip 2 screens that I never asked to appear in the first...
  10. Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??

Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??: During the setup of a PIN for Windows 10 Pro on an on-prem Domain Network, users are asked to install and use the MS authenticator now? In the past during a PIN set up, it would set up but now we can't because of the MFA prompt. Is this a feature of Windows 10 20H2 or...