Windows 10: How to disable windows 10 update permanently for the sake of my solving my internet...

Discus and support How to disable windows 10 update permanently for the sake of my solving my internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having frequent internet problems since the latest windows update in which I tend to disconnect (or have no internet connection status)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnDirect111, Aug 4, 2019.

1. How to disable windows 10 update permanently for the sake of my solving my internet...

Hi, I've been having frequent internet problems since the latest windows update in which I tend to disconnect (or have no internet connection status) every 20 min-1 hour. When I encountered this before and tried many fix from the internet and here at the microsoft forums which did not work, I reformat my laptop to factory setting (or clean windows 10 install) which solved my internet disconnection problem.

Though the internet disconnection problem returned when windows only gave me an option to "update and shutdown, update and restart, sleep" in which I choosed the 1st option, it was weird that they still gave me this option even if I completely disabled windows update from "services".

Is there a way to PERMANENTLY DISABLE windows update (including from shutdown and restart) for me to not experience the internet disconnection issue?

:)

JohnDirect111, Aug 4, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to permanently disable windows 10 automatic updates,

Hi Ezequíaz, complete the 3 steps below to permanently stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How can I disable updates in Windows 10 permanently?

Hi Peter, complete the 3 steps to permanently stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2019
  4. SirElrey Win User

How to disable windows 10 update permanently for the sake of my solving my internet...

How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Hi,

I would like to ask question on How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Already tried the following:

• Stop and Disable Windows Update from services.msc
    • Disable Windows Update from gpedit.msc

But once we restarted the Units, It will perform Windows Updates.

Some of our Applications are not working properly after these updates.

Thanks,

Elrey

SirElrey, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

How to disable windows 10 update permanently for the sake of my solving my internet...

1. How to disable windows 10 update permanently for the sake of my solving my internet... - Similar Threads - disable update permanently

2. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  3. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  4. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to permanently disable Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently disable Updates?: I absolutely hate it. It keeps forcing me to update every now and then using huge bandwidths. I hate the fact it keeps harassing me all the time prompting me to update regularly and I can't find a way to disable it. Just stop! Leave me alone, Windows Updates. Just go away. I...
  6. How to permanently disable Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently disable Windows updates?: I am extremely dissatisfied with Windows updates and would like a way to disable them. They've crashed my computer twice now, and last night my computer updated while I slept without asking me, causing me to lose about an hour of work. Unfortunately, there does not seem to...
  7. How to permanently disable update

How to permanently disable update: Windows 10 update keeps turning itself back on after I disable it . I want it permanently disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-disable-update/ad74379e-f311-4abd-8ebe-2681bdd1154d
  8. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  9. How to permanently disable internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to permanently disable internet?: Cliffs are in bold text. I have a computer with a backup hard drive that I use two older programs that are no longer supported, therefore they are very much exploitable if they are on the internet. So what I do is I disable the internet connection. The problem with this is...
  10. How to Disable Windows Updates Permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Windows Updates Permanently?: How do I PERMANENTLY disable windows 10 updates? I disabled the windows update service in March after 1709 updated and crashed my (6 month old stock) system. The only recourse I had was to reset it which resulted in a great loss of my personal files. After that fiasco I...