Windows 10: How to disable Windows HELLO PIN and all other security options. The "Delete" option under...

Discus and support How to disable Windows HELLO PIN and all other security options. The "Delete" option under... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Title pretty much says it all. My goal is to being able to startup my PC remotely without it going through a signin lockscreen. When I startup... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by brecht2202, Dec 22, 2019.

1. How to disable Windows HELLO PIN and all other security options. The "Delete" option under...

Hello

Title pretty much says it all. My goal is to being able to startup my PC remotely without it going through a signin lockscreen. When I startup my PC I want it to go straight to Desktop.

What I've tried already:

I have Windows 10 Home so Group Policy isn't an option. By going to 'netplwiz' and unchecking the checkbox so Users don't have to sign in with username and password my PC kind of adds a new user when I startup afterwards. So when starting up it just immediately says "wrong password" or something like that with a new user with the same name. I can then choose to click on my original account and that account still asks a PIN. After loging in with a PIN and going back to 'netplwiz' and checking the box, there is no new user anymore and it's back to normal. Only asking a PIN for my original account.

How to disable Windows HELLO PIN and all other security options. The "Delete" option under... 48c1ff29-98cd-40f7-910c-4c46d6b7ad33?upload=true.png

My PC is in Dutch but the principle stays the same. In the right bottom 'Delete' 'Verwijderen' in dutch is greyed out.

:)

brecht2202, Dec 22, 2019

2. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Hello & PIN sign-in options missing

Hi,

The Hello (face recognition) and PIN options have disappeared from the sign-in options on my Dell Inspiron running Windows 10.

This occurred after having to resolve a SecureBoot problem - likely to be due to a recent automatic upgrade.

Each time I try and set a new image and new PIN, I get caught in a loop for the PIN and the image for Hello never successfully forces through creation of Hello and PIN sign-in options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BArry

BarryMacleod-Cullinane, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

How to disable Windows HELLO PIN and all other security options. The "Delete" option under...

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Windows HELLO PIN and all other security options. The "Delete" option under...

1. How to disable Windows HELLO PIN and all other security options. The "Delete" option under... - Similar Threads - disable HELLO PIN

2. Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello: I want to remove sign-in option with PIN. But the "Remove this signing option" button is inactive transparent. How to fix this and remove this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-with-pin-windows-hello/9a92b2bd-7841-4156-b1fb-7f679e1d5e40
  3. Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello: I want to remove sign-in option with PIN. But the "Remove this signing option" button is inactive transparent. How to fix this and remove this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-with-pin-windows-hello/9a92b2bd-7841-4156-b1fb-7f679e1d5e40
  4. Windows 11 - HELP - Sign in PIN disabled, no other options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - HELP - Sign in PIN disabled, no other options: Hello guys, Please need your support i tried to login to my win11 and i couldn't asked to try another option but no option available also ask to wait for two hours and I waited for 2 hrs when I put my PIN again i got the same message again....
  5. Windows 11 - HELP - Sign in PIN disabled, no other options

Windows 11 - HELP - Sign in PIN disabled, no other options: Hello guys, Please need your support i tried to login to my win11 and i couldn't asked to try another option but no option available also ask to wait for two hours and I waited for 2 hrs when I put my PIN again i got the same message again....
  6. All the windows hello sign-in options are disabled/unavaliable? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the windows hello sign-in options are disabled/unavaliable? Windows 11: All the windows hello sign-in options randomly out of the blue started to say "This option is currently unavailable".except for the security key option... and I've got a fingerprint and a pin for it that I continue to be able to use to sign in, but now can't remove my...
  7. All the windows hello sign-in options are disabled/unavaliable? Windows 11

All the windows hello sign-in options are disabled/unavaliable? Windows 11: All the windows hello sign-in options randomly out of the blue started to say "This option is currently unavailable".except for the security key option... and I've got a fingerprint and a pin for it that I continue to be able to use to sign in, but now can't remove my...
  8. How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...: After the April update, windows10 is asking to set up Hello PIN when computer gets locked up.Hell PIN has gotten after me and can't be tackled using old solutions.Please provide solution to do away the hell pin permanently....
  9. Login: no other option but PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: no other option but PIN: Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login...
  10. Sign-in Options all disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in Options all disabled: So, I'm on an Acer laptop with Windows 10 Home. My laptop is personal, I am the only one that uses it, and yet this is what shows up when I go to sign-in options:[ATTACH] All I want to do in regards to sign-in is to disable Windows Hello and change my options so I don't...