Windows 10: How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT

Discus and support How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this article, we will show you how to disable the Windows Hello PIN prompt on Windows 10. Windows Hello is an alternative password option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT

How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT how-to-disable-windows-hello-pin.png
    In this article, we will show you how to disable the Windows Hello PIN prompt on Windows 10. Windows Hello is an alternative password option that is available only in Windows 10. You can use this password or PIN to sign in to different Microsoft applications and Microsoft Store. Some users have reported that every […]

This article How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 regedit and gpedit stopped working

Hello Andi

Thank you for posting you concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

The snap-ins are a basic component of a console (Event Viewer, Services,
    Group Policy Editor, Task Scheduler etc). Sometimes, there may be a possibility of scenario in which some snap-ins may not work properly, specially if the registry configuration of a Snap in is broken/corrupted. In most of the cases for the
    ones corrupt, the functionality can be restored if you can restore the registry configuration from a prior backup.

In this case, to be able to understand the issue better, provide us a few more details on the below questions.

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10? Was it through Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • What is the edition and the build of Windows 10 installed in your computer?
    • When you say "search bug", is it specific to the registry console or overall Windows search and indexing?

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker in Windows 10

Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state
    or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Write to us with the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 regedit and gpedit stopped working

Hello Andi,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to work on this issue with us.

In the mean time, I suggest you to
    create a System Restore point
    , so that you will always have a functional state of the computer to revert to. However, if you already have one in the recent time, to check if there is any Restore Point already created,
    follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

Also, if you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu , type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

Feel free to write to us in future on for any further queries in Windows operating system.

Thank You again.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 7, 2021
  4. MT-AT Win User

Regedit in Windows 10S

Hello,

Please advise if regedit/ gpedit is available for Windows 10S and if yes, how to access that

Cheers,

MT

MT-AT, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT - Similar Threads - disable Hello prompt

2. Disable Apps for Websites in Windows 11 using Settings, GPEDIT, REGEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Apps for Websites in Windows 11 using Settings, GPEDIT, REGEDIT: [IMG]In Windows 11/10 OS, we have a built-in Apps for websites feature to let websites or links open in an app instead of a browser using web-to-app linking. That means if a link can be opened with, say, Microsoft To-do or Microsoft Teams, etc., then that particular app is...
  3. How to disable File History Backup in Windows 10 using REGEDIT or GPEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable File History Backup in Windows 10 using REGEDIT or GPEDIT: [ATTACH]File History is a powerful tool developed by Microsoft that saves the user’s data on an external drive automatically. To use this tool you just have to connect an external hard drive to your computer, add it to File History, and turn the File History ON; and it starts...
  4. Windows 10 - Disable Windows Hello - Registry / GPEDIT not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Disable Windows Hello - Registry / GPEDIT not working: I do not want to even entertain the idea of using the PIN based login for Windows Hello, yet I am forced to create one.Brand new OOBE install of Windows 10 Enterprise, AzureAD login, and once all done you get the "Your organisation requires you to use a PIN", well my...
  5. How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT: [ATTACH]If you want to enable Windows 10 Full-screen Start Menu, then you can do […] This article How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. I want to disable popup screens asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...

I want to disable popup screens asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...: OS - Windows 10 Home edition [ATTACH] error in my microsoft account [ATTACH] Signin Options - no option to remove hello , pin etc [ATTACH] No option to disable in computer policy [ATTACH] Cant sign in to office products and not getting updates [ATTACH] After...
  7. I want to disable popping windows asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...

I want to disable popping windows asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...: OS - Windows 10 Home edition [ATTACH] error in my microsoft account [ATTACH] Signin Options - no option to remove hello , pin etc [ATTACH] No option to disable in computer policy [ATTACH] Cant sign in to office products and not getting updates [ATTACH] After...
  8. Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?: I have disabled automatic updates using group policy editor and run 'check for updates' at regular intervals. Have been doing so for a long time. All fine. However, whilst doing so, I wonder whether indeed totally nothing is being updated, except then for AV-stuff. I mean :...
  9. Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?: I have disabled automatic updates using group policy editor and run 'check for updates' at regular intervals. Have been doing so for a long time. All fine. However, whilst doing so, I wonder whether indeed totally nothing is being updated, except then for AV-stuff. I mean :...
  10. how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit: is there anyway to permanently disable clipboard or copy and paste in windows 10, best thing ifound was stopper and prevent and there easy to bypass is there anything i can do in gpedit or the registry to disable it permanently 111885