Windows 10: How to disable Windows Hello

Discus and support How to disable Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TomStallings1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. How to disable Windows Hello

I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN from my account I am forced to recreate it the next time that I log in. I could probably live with this nonsense, except that every third time or so that I log in, I get a blue screen that tells me I need to finish setting up Windows Hello. It makes me re-enter my original password to verify my identity, then makes me re-enter my PIN to once again verify my identity, then it crashes. I end up on the desktop with a dead minimized Microsoft Account window that never goes away unless I whip out the Task Manager. If I ignore it, I'll end up with multiple dead minimized windows after a few days...I have three waiting to be executed as I type this.

After reading an earlier post, I tried to disable Windows Hello entirely under Settings/Accounts/Sign In Options, but there is nothing under the Windows Hello header except a message that reads "Windows Hello isn't Available on this Device". I'm awfully curious why it's making itself such a hassle if it isn't even compatible with this device.

How do I get rid of this garbage?

***Modified title from: Windows Hello PIN Loop***

:)

TomStallings1, Jan 17, 2019

2. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 17, 2019
  3. WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Jan 17, 2019
  4. How to disable Windows Hello

Windows Hello Camera Still Turns On After Disabling Feature

I have already done all those steps to disable Windows Hello listed in the link you provided, but I am still getting prompted that it cannot recognize my face even though Windows Hello is turned off. Just to clarify, I do not want to use Windows Hello
    at all. I want to use my regular, alphanumeric password.

Nachtwolfe, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Windows Hello

1. How to disable Windows Hello - Similar Threads - disable Hello

2. Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...: I am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes distraction. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-am-a-student-and-want-to-disable-keyboard/7eaf28b6-2cf2-4b8a-9858-d3e126926816
  3. Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...: I am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes distraction. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-am-a-student-and-want-to-disable-keyboard/7eaf28b6-2cf2-4b8a-9858-d3e126926816
  4. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  5. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  6. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...: Hello,So I have a Microsoft Account with password-less setup and login only using the Microsoft Authenticator app for approval which I love so much. Now that I have a new Windows PC setting up login with Microsoft account and I skip the Windows Hello PIN setup prompt, so...
  8. Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...

Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...: Hello,So I have a Microsoft Account with password-less setup and login only using the Microsoft Authenticator app for approval which I love so much. Now that I have a new Windows PC setting up login with Microsoft account and I skip the Windows Hello PIN setup prompt, so...
  9. Hello Pin disabled on machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Pin disabled on machine: How do i reset my Hello Pin when I can't get into my machine because it is using the pin. The reset pin and other login options don't work.I just setup office and it required me to setup the hello pin. Now i can't do anything on my machine including safe mode operations.HELP...
  10. Hello Pin disabled on machine

Hello Pin disabled on machine: How do i reset my Hello Pin when I can't get into my machine because it is using the pin. The reset pin and other login options don't work.I just setup office and it required me to setup the hello pin. Now i can't do anything on my machine including safe mode operations.HELP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent windows hello

2. disable windows hello

3. how to disable windows hello so i can use my fingerprint

4. how to disable windows hello,
  5. how to disable window hello,
  6. windows hello disable