Windows 10: How to disable Windows Hello

Discus and support How to disable Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TomStallings1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. How to disable Windows Hello

I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN from my account I am forced to recreate it the next time that I log in. I could probably live with this nonsense, except that every third time or so that I log in, I get a blue screen that tells me I need to finish setting up Windows Hello. It makes me re-enter my original password to verify my identity, then makes me re-enter my PIN to once again verify my identity, then it crashes. I end up on the desktop with a dead minimized Microsoft Account window that never goes away unless I whip out the Task Manager. If I ignore it, I'll end up with multiple dead minimized windows after a few days...I have three waiting to be executed as I type this.

After reading an earlier post, I tried to disable Windows Hello entirely under Settings/Accounts/Sign In Options, but there is nothing under the Windows Hello header except a message that reads "Windows Hello isn't Available on this Device". I'm awfully curious why it's making itself such a hassle if it isn't even compatible with this device.

How do I get rid of this garbage?

***Modified title from: Windows Hello PIN Loop***

:)

TomStallings1, Jan 17, 2019

2. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 17, 2019
  3. WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Jan 17, 2019
  4. How to disable Windows Hello

Windows Hello Camera Still Turns On After Disabling Feature

I have already done all those steps to disable Windows Hello listed in the link you provided, but I am still getting prompted that it cannot recognize my face even though Windows Hello is turned off. Just to clarify, I do not want to use Windows Hello
    at all. I want to use my regular, alphanumeric password.

Nachtwolfe, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Windows Hello

1. How to disable Windows Hello - Similar Threads - disable Hello

2. Crashes of Settings App along with disabling of right navigation pane and icon of turning...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Crashes of Settings App along with disabling of right navigation pane and icon of turning...: i have been using since one year.few days back,i faced an crash in opening settings app in windows 10 .along with it navigation pane is not highlighting its properties when hovering over it.So if any one of u could help me.i will be glad to thank you....
  3. Disable sync

Disable sync: I want to stop my acer sync. It shows only grey colour on where to turn on or off. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sync/e3810560-d3bf-4280-a905-378182783b35
  4. Advise needed to disable or not userinit from Autorun Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Advise needed to disable or not userinit from Autorun Logon: Windows is a little sluggish at startup. I disabled all unnecessary login at startup that i do not need. I came across this entry on Autorun>Logon: C:\Windows\system32... Userinit Logon Application. Running W10 home x64. Would it be useful to the purpose to speed up W...
  5. How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a...: How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a pin which I do not want to use. I want to stick with a password to login....
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled: [ATTACH] Windows Hello Fingerprint "Set Up" button is faded and disabled. I have a PIN. I am signed in with my Microsoft Account. I cannot find the setting in my UEFI BIOS regarding fingerprint. [ATTACH] My fingerprint scanner is installed and working perfectly. It...
  7. Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus

Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus: Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-how-do-i-disable-protection-against-windows/b6f5968a-ee7d-4c2b-a76c-46d0ef61fac6
  8. Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC: Because face recognition, fingerprint or Yubikey are more secure, I want to disable password sign in on my computer. I tried netplwiz and unchecking 'user must enter a user name and password to use this computer', but then the PC starts without any sign in option, so no...
  9. Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop: I have a Logitech BRIO camera connected to my laptop's dock. I set up Windows Hello facial recognition so that I don't have to enter a password when the laptop is docked. I usually place the computer with the lid closed underneath my monitor when it's docked. This prevents me...
  10. Windows Hello (fingerprint) disables itself after returning from Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello (fingerprint) disables itself after returning from Sleep: Hello. In my Toshiba Satellite I've recently noticed that my Windows Hello fingerprint authentication is disabled each time my laptop returns from sleep (it works fine during reboots or shutdowns and power on). If I want to use fingerprint authentication again, I've to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable window hello

2. windows hello disable