Windows 10: How to disable Windows Hello

Discus and support How to disable Windows Hello in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a new laptop with windows 10, but I'm having problems to configure my user account. I have not discovered yet how to type the question mark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dennes, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Dennes Win User

How to disable Windows Hello

Hi,I have a new laptop with windows 10, but I'm having problems to configure my user account. I have not discovered yet how to type the question mark on the new keyboard, sorryOn my current laptop the old one I log in using my online email and everything works fine.On the new laptop, when I tried to connect my microsoft account with my local account, everything became different. First, the login windows is not the regular windows login. On the old laptop I use the online password on the regular windows login and everything works fine. On the new one, it opens a popup, like a federated aut

:)

Dennes, Jun 18, 2022

2. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work the way they are expected to. However, we can try a few steps and see if we can disable Windows Hello permanently, but before we try those steps, may I know:

What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Troubleshooting methods:

Method 1: Using Group policy settings.

If you are on Windows 10 Pro edition, you can change the group policy settings to disable PIN sign-in option for all users.

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type GPEDIT.MSC and hit the Enter key.
    • Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon.
    • On the right side, double click on Turn on PIN sign-in and select
      Disabled.
    • Similarly disable the other Windows Hello options if any.
    • Exit the Group policy editor and reboot the computer.

Method 2: Disabling Windows Hello in Registry.

If setting Group policy doesn’t work, you disable the sign in options which should disable

Windows Hello options in all user accounts.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
    on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    • When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions.
    • In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named
      value set it to 0.

The above method will disable Windows Hello for all user accounts. If you want to re-enable

it, change the DWORD entry Value back to

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 18, 2022
  4. How to disable Windows Hello

WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

1. How to disable Windows Hello - Similar Threads - disable Hello

2. Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...: I am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes distraction. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-am-a-student-and-want-to-disable-keyboard/7eaf28b6-2cf2-4b8a-9858-d3e126926816
  3. Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello i am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes...: I am a student and want to disable keyboard and mouse during class because it causes distraction. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-am-a-student-and-want-to-disable-keyboard/7eaf28b6-2cf2-4b8a-9858-d3e126926816
  4. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  5. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  6. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...: Hello,So I have a Microsoft Account with password-less setup and login only using the Microsoft Authenticator app for approval which I love so much. Now that I have a new Windows PC setting up login with Microsoft account and I skip the Windows Hello PIN setup prompt, so...
  8. Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...

Windows 11 sign-in password-less account with ms authenticator, disable Windows Hello...: Hello,So I have a Microsoft Account with password-less setup and login only using the Microsoft Authenticator app for approval which I love so much. Now that I have a new Windows PC setting up login with Microsoft account and I skip the Windows Hello PIN setup prompt, so...
  9. Hello Pin disabled on machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Pin disabled on machine: How do i reset my Hello Pin when I can't get into my machine because it is using the pin. The reset pin and other login options don't work.I just setup office and it required me to setup the hello pin. Now i can't do anything on my machine including safe mode operations.HELP...
  10. Hello Pin disabled on machine

Hello Pin disabled on machine: How do i reset my Hello Pin when I can't get into my machine because it is using the pin. The reset pin and other login options don't work.I just setup office and it required me to setup the hello pin. Now i can't do anything on my machine including safe mode operations.HELP...