Windows 10: How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail

Discus and support How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please Please tell me how I can stop Windows 10 email from popping up when I click on an email address. I am running Outlook 365, I do all my mail in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JessebOne, Oct 23, 2018.

1. JessebOne Win User

How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail

Please Please tell me how I can stop Windows 10 email from popping up when I click on an email address. I am running Outlook 365, I do all my mail in Outlook 365 why in the world is Windows 10 popping up. I remove the email account that was listed but it is still opening. I want Outlook to open not Windows 10 app mail. How in the world do I kill this thing?

:)

JessebOne, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Windows Mail

im pretty sure you can. i know outlook you can and windows mail is based upon outlook.

freaksavior, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail - Similar Threads - disable Mail app

2. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  3. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  4. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  5. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  6. How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?: Hi If you know the magic recipe, please share it and I will eternally thank you. I have tried the very obvious: checking for a setting in the app. I found none. They are organized horribly, but still, no setting on this matter. I tried looking for one in the pseudo-ribbon...
  7. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  8. How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail: Microsoft 10's mail program is poor and I would like to go back to Google Mail or Outlook, but have been unable to change the default. Microsoft contacts does not allow sorting contacts in categories and it doesn't provide for quick selection of multiple email addresses for...
  9. Disabling Windows Mail in WIN 10 when using Outlook

Disabling Windows Mail in WIN 10 when using Outlook: Can Win 10 mail be disable when usng Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-windows-mail-in-win-10-when-using/d6d5be9b-629f-4356-ac1b-378cf18cba78
  10. Outlook Mail app corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail app corrupted?: My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to bypass windows phone mail

2. disable windows mail app

3. disable mail app and use outlook

4. Using windows 10 with outlook. how to disable mail app,
  5. disable mail app for outlook,
  6. windows 10 disable mail app when outlook,
  7. how to disable windows mail and just use outlook