Windows 10: How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?

Discus and support How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut because it provides with project options but this PC is in the classroom setting. Any help? I run Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatPoisson, Jan 10, 2019.

1. How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?

I need to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut because it provides with project options but this PC is in the classroom setting. Any help? I run Windows 10, 1803.

:)

PatPoisson, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Steve_137 Win User

Disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

Hello,

I am attempting to disable the Windows+P keyboard shortcut which gives the project options. The machines are in a classroom setting so we want it disabled. I have been unsuccessful with any GPOs or registry edits. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve_137, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Suman_B Win User

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the changes you have done in GPedit and registry editor?

What version of Windows are you using?

Suggest you to disable the Windows key, Refer this article How
    to enable or disable the keyboard Windows key

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Steve_137 Win User

How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?

Hi Suman,

I cant disable the Windows key as it useful for other shortcuts.

Is it possible to just change what the Windows+P shortcut does as a work around? Maybe just have it open the calculator or something instead of the display settings?

The issue lies with it giving access the the display settings for any user.

Thanks

Steve_137, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?

1. How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut? - Similar Threads - disable Windows+P keyboard

2. keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?: Hi,windows 11 - it seems that my keyboard has always the "windows shortcuts" always active if the caps-lock is not activatedif the caps-lock is active > i can write without issues but obvioysly only with capital lettersif the casp-lock is not active as soon as i click on a...
  3. keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?: Hi,windows 11 - it seems that my keyboard has always the "windows shortcuts" always active if the caps-lock is not activatedif the caps-lock is active > i can write without issues but obvioysly only with capital lettersif the casp-lock is not active as soon as i click on a...
  4. Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable: I have a Windows 11. I accidentally brushed over the keyboard with my arm and pushed a lot of buttons at once - not hard and none are stuck. However, noe everytime I press either . or , the simple buttons alone without ctrl or windows logo key, it activates the search...
  5. Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable

Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable: I have a Windows 11. I accidentally brushed over the keyboard with my arm and pushed a lot of buttons at once - not hard and none are stuck. However, noe everytime I press either . or , the simple buttons alone without ctrl or windows logo key, it activates the search...
  6. Disable keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable keyboard shortcut: Hi, I rely on the Accessibility / Ease of Access functions, one of which is the mouse pointer location using the expanding concentric circles. In Windows 8.1 this was operated with the Ctrl key. However, under Windows 11 the Ctrl keyboard shortcut also brings up the Start...
  7. Disable keyboard shortcut

Disable keyboard shortcut: Hi, I rely on the Accessibility / Ease of Access functions, one of which is the mouse pointer location using the expanding concentric circles. In Windows 8.1 this was operated with the Ctrl key. However, under Windows 11 the Ctrl keyboard shortcut also brings up the Start...
  8. How to disable certain Windows keyboard shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable certain Windows keyboard shortcuts.: Hi all. My Windows 10 version has keyboard shortcuts enabled which change the orientation (see here). Does anyone know how to disable these? Is updating my Windows to a new version the only way? Or can I perhaps edit the registry or something to do this? The reason I ask is...
  9. How to disable windows keyboard shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable windows keyboard shortcuts.: Hi i had an issue with my color but it was from pressing a keyboard shortcut and its now fixed. But i was wanting to know if there was any way to disable the keyboard shortcuts so i didnt run into this problem again. Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  10. Disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut: Hello, I am attempting to disable the Windows+P keyboard shortcut which gives the project options. The machines are in a classroom setting so we want it disabled. I have been unsuccessful with any GPOs or registry edits. Any help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable windows P shortcut