Windows 10: How to disable windows update forever?

Discus and support How to disable windows update forever? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by luiskjuarez, Apr 19, 2021.

1. How to disable windows update forever?

Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to disable windows update because it is restarting my pc without alert.

:)

luiskjuarez, Apr 19, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Smizack Win User
    Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

How to disable windows update forever? [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Apr 19, 2021
  4. How to disable windows update forever?

Windows Update loading forever

Then you have 2 options left:
    • Do a system Restore and go back when your updates worked.
    • Do a repair install, which keeps everything and reinstalls Windows.
    I can provide you steps for the second one

Sumit Dhiman, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

How to disable windows update forever?

1. How to disable windows update forever? - Similar Threads - disable update forever

2. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  3. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  4. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?: I've noticed there is no option to stop windows updates: There is only a nonsensical pause option. Even though I set updates to OFF it still updates after some time which is totally not what I need. The thing is my hard ware is really old and I can't risk new updates like the...
  6. How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?: I've noticed there is no option to stop windows updates: There is only a nonsensical pause option. Even though I set updates to OFF it still updates after some time which is totally not what I need. The thing is my hard ware is really old and I can't risk new updates like the...
  7. updating forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updating forever: i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things ready submitted by /u/Aleccul69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7qo0y/updating_forever/
  8. Win10 disable updates forever

Win10 disable updates forever: Hello, For planning support of oldest production lines technologies are required prepare more VM virtual machines one VM for one production line. Due compatibility and still working application are strongly recommended to disable win10 updates. How can be possible to...
  9. How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?

How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?: I disabled background intelligent service with 4 different ways and it turns itself on again after re-starting windows (and recently before re-strating that). I KNOW it's important for windows to turn in on but I don't need my windows to be updated!!!!! because my internet...
  10. Disable Office ClickTorun forever

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable Office ClickTorun forever: Dear all, I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the whole connection. How to disable OfficeClickTorun.exe please? Best Regards, 106109