Windows 10: How to disable windows update pause feature

Discus and support How to disable windows update pause feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally clicked the windows pause button. But I am interested to get the updates whenever Microsoft releases it. Is there any procedure to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MURALIRAGHAVAN, Nov 27, 2019.

1. How to disable windows update pause feature

I accidentally clicked the windows pause button. But I am interested to get the updates whenever Microsoft releases it. Is there any procedure to enable my daily updates

:)

MURALIRAGHAVAN, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Disabling Updates!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Windows Updates are essential to keep your PC Safe, Secure and Efficient. It is recommended that you don’t disable Windows Updates, if you use the genuine Windows and have a good Internet connection.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• Were you able to follow the suggestions provided by ‘Shawn Brink’ and ‘Kapil Arya MVP’?

You may also want to refer to the suggestion provided by ‘CmdrKeene’ from this thread to check if that gives you some additional information.

Completely disable Windows Update

Articles for Reference.

Schedule a restart or pause updates in Windows 10’.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10’.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10  

Brink,
    ... This I have done numerous times but to no avail. I use disk imaging, so I am able to return the system to a previous state to re-test. On first launch of Windows 10, the Pause option is dabbled, and the text is enabled. I then run the patch and reboot. The Pause option is disabled and the text is still enabled - not greyed-out as in the initial image.

However, if I enable then disable the Pause option, the text then becomes greyed-out.

How to disable windows update pause feature [​IMG]

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

How to disable windows update pause feature

Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10  

Never a stupid question.

Disabling this feature would prevent being able to pause updates.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

How to disable windows update pause feature

1. How to disable windows update pause feature - Similar Threads - disable update pause

2. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  3. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  4. disable pause updates

disable pause updates: I have never pressed that option, I always let my computer automatically update. Now it will not let me resume updates until tomorrow, 08-12-21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-pause-updates/81770c16-c740-439d-bd6e-23d619982ff2
  5. deactivating the pause feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    deactivating the pause feature?: on or under advanced there is a feature that has a drop down window and it allows you to set the date to pause windows. I don't want to use this feature. how do I turn it off, there is no little left/right slide bar to turn it off. So I always have to default it to the next...
  6. Updates and the Pause feature

Updates and the Pause feature: Hi Why is there a pause feature for updates? I don't understand the reasoning behind that? When an update comes through I want to do the update. Thanks Pati Riley...
  7. How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?: Hi, Is there any way to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates from installing and only keep "Security only" updates ? This so called "Feature updates" are joke and introduce more and more bugs rather than fixes. Thanks submitted by /u/Green_Carnage [link]...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Are Ignoring the Pause Updates Feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates Are Ignoring the Pause Updates Feature: Three times now when I have my computer set to Pause Updates, Windows 10 keeps bypassing it then sneaking in bad updates. What is the point of pausing updates if Windows 10 is going to keep ignoring my request. I am trying to finish a project uploading large files then the...
  9. I don't see the pause updates feature

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't see the pause updates feature: http://windows.intowindows.netdna-cd...Windows-10.png i'm on Windows pro though? *sarc 87913
  10. Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature of Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by...