Windows 10: How to disable xbox cloud saves?

Discus and support How to disable xbox cloud saves? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; tldr - see title. Rest of my post is an explanation of what I tried and why I want this in the first place. I'm playing Age of Empire II DE on windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gamask, Apr 18, 2020.

1. /u/gamask Win User

How to disable xbox cloud saves?

tldr - see title. Rest of my post is an explanation of what I tried and why I want this in the first place.

I'm playing Age of Empire II DE on windows 10. Both are legit and up to date.

There is no option in the game or anywhere else that I found. I looked through every single thing in Settings and every single thing in Control Panel. I also looked through microsoft account and xbox settings.

Then I found "Xbox Live Game Save" service and disabled it. This worked. For ten days. The service is still disabled, but for no reason that I can see things are back to how they were before I disabled it. I haven't touched any settings or installed anything during this time. Some windows updates got installed though.

This is how things were before I disabled that service and how they are again (inexplicably):

• when I want to make a new save or load an existing one the game takes a few seconds to populate the list of existing saves. This will happen every time, even if I close the save game screen and reopen it instantly after

• deleting saves from the drive via windows explorer doesn't do anything, they still appear in game

This is how I want things and how they were for a short time after I disabled that service:

• when I want to make a new save or load one the game instantly shows me the saves that I already have

• deleting saves manually from windows explorer actually deletes them

I can delete savegames from the game too, but only one by one, and it's slow. This is the only PC on which I play, and I will never have a need to restore my saves from the cloud. If my computer burns I'm absolutely fine with losing my saves. As such I have zero need for this cloud sync bs. There are only disadvantages - slowness and clunkiness. After I finish a campaign I'd like to be able to go to the save game folder and instantly delete all the games in one second, instead of deleting them one by one from the game menu.

I also tried disconnecting from the internet. Then very whacky things happen. First time I started the game I didn't see any saves at all, despite having saves on my filesystem. Second time I started the game I did see my local saves, but when I tried to make a new one I couldn't (I think the button was greyed out). I also couldn't reload the save that I was already playing. And every single time I exit the game (if it was started while I was disconnected from the internet) the game process keeps running and the menu music keeps playing until I manually kill the process via task manager.

submitted by /u/gamask
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gamask, Apr 18, 2020

2. Cloud saves are overwriting my local saves

I am trying to copy a save from one computer (computer A), to another (computer B). The game in question is Resident Evil 7 (if it matters)

I've been able to locate the saves and copy them over to several friends computers (using the same version off the Microsoft Store), and all works fine for most people.

However, two people have run into an issue where, upon launching the game, their local saves are instantly overwritten with their cloud saves.

Is there some setting for Xbox Play Anywhere titles where cloud saves somehow prioritize over local saves? It's only happened to 2 people out of a test of about 10, so I'm assuming something just needs to be disabled.

Cloud saves are enabled on all 10 systems. What happens for most people, is those new saves end up getting uploaded to the cloud and can then be used on their Xbox One version, as well. I'm stumped in trying to figure out why this keeps happening to only
    a few people.

About half the people testing this out have an Xbox One, and the other half doesn't. One person this issue happens to doesn't even have an Xbox One...

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

CursedToast, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Xbox Music Cloud

I have an XBox Music Pass. I've saved some of my CDs to "Music" library on my Windows 8 computer. I can access them in Xbox Music on my PC. However, they do not appear in my XBox music cloud so I can stream (yes stream) them to my WP8. What am I doing
    wrong? How do I put music on the XBox Music Cloud?

Xbox Music Cloud is turned "On" in preferences.

SpoiledDiane, Apr 18, 2020
  4. How to disable xbox cloud saves?

Xbox Music Cloud

OK, I do recommend you hook up with the Music Threads in this forum. LOTS of information...

But, basically...

when you load Music to your PC with a XBOX Music Pass, that music is now local. Over the course of the next <insert time increment here> the music will begin to sync with the XBOX Cloud. It is NOT instaneous and could take several days depending on the
    amount of music.

The ONLY music that actually gets to the cloud is Music that can be 'Matched' in the XBOX Music Catalog. In short, if you have it, but XBOX Music does not, then its not uploaded and no stream is possible.

Also, DRM Music is NOT uploaded. The upload is only matchable NON XBOX Music or XBOX Music.

Check out the other threads....LOTS of GOOD Info.

Phil101 Outlook, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

How to disable xbox cloud saves?

1. How to disable xbox cloud saves? - Similar Threads - disable xbox cloud

2. How to delete Xbox cloud save PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Xbox cloud save PC: Hi!I paid for 1 month of PC Game Pass non-Ultimate to try out Forza Horizon 5. The month is about to expire, and I want to delete all my progress in the game from the cloud. How do I do that from Windows 10 PC? I installed from the Xbox app....
  3. How to delete Xbox cloud save PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete Xbox cloud save PC: Hi!I paid for 1 month of PC Game Pass non-Ultimate to try out Forza Horizon 5. The month is about to expire, and I want to delete all my progress in the game from the cloud. How do I do that from Windows 10 PC? I installed from the Xbox app....
  4. Xbox on PC / cloud save issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox on PC / cloud save issue: I noticed something that could possibly use a fix unless I'm overlooking something. I played games on other devices and it notices this and asks what save I want to use. The problem is that the prompt does not appear on task manager or the task bar but is otherwise hidden....
  5. Xbox on PC / cloud save issue

Xbox on PC / cloud save issue: I noticed something that could possibly use a fix unless I'm overlooking something. I played games on other devices and it notices this and asks what save I want to use. The problem is that the prompt does not appear on task manager or the task bar but is otherwise hidden....
  6. cloud saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloud saves: how do you delete cloud saves in windows 11. all answers are out of date and no longer work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-saves/f412147e-a825-4a67-8bb1-956d18a3fac8
  7. cloud saves

cloud saves: how do you delete cloud saves in windows 11. all answers are out of date and no longer work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-saves/f412147e-a825-4a67-8bb1-956d18a3fac8
  8. Cloud saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud saves: Hello! I'll be soon switching my hard drive, and so i was wondering, that if i bought the game at Microsoft store wasteland 3, to be precise , i wont lose any data i got in the gamer, right? It says that it does support cloud saves via Xbox live, tho im not sure if i qualify...
  9. How to disable cloud saves?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable cloud saves?: I'm playing Age of Empire II DE on windows 10. Both are up to date. There is no option in the game or anywhere else that I found. I looked through every single thing in Settings and every single thing in Control Panel. I also looked through microsoft account and xbox...
  10. How do I disable save game cloud sync Win10 Xbox Game Pass The Outer Worlds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable save game cloud sync Win10 Xbox Game Pass The Outer Worlds: I would like to disable save game cloud sync for all games (especially The Outer Worlds). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-save-game-cloud-sync-win10-xbox/98774230-6756-4e18-af8f-6e8af92fa402

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms store disable cloud save

2. disable cloud save microsoft store games

3. microsoft solitaire collection disable cloud saves