Windows 10: How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off?

Discus and support How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a "turn off" display time out in the power options set at 10 minutes, i have done some tweaks to disable the lock screens but that one still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechnoManiac98, Aug 25, 2016.

1. How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off?

i have a "turn off" display time out in the power options set at 10 minutes, i have done some tweaks to disable the lock screens but that one still comes up! when i leave my computer i want the display to turn off and when i come back i want to just click a couple of times and get back in action. i'm sick of entering my password 8-10 times a day.

:)

TechnoManiac98, Aug 25, 2016

2. Events displayed on wallpaper

My Samsung Focus displays the next event coming up on the standby screen - the first screen that pops up when I turn on my display. I don't want my events to be displayed like that. Can this be changed?

PrincessTwenty, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Tinmayn Win User
    Windows Log In Not Showing After Turning Laptop Back on from Sleep

Everytime I put my laptop on 'sleep' mode and turn it back on, the initial display showing my screensaver & time come on, but when I left click the screen to proceed to the Log In screen, nothing comes up. The initial display will disappear and it'll seem
    like the log in screen is about to come on but after about 10 seconds of a blank screen, it goes back to the initial display.

When this happens, I'd have to restart my computer. After, I'd follow the same exact steps except this time the Log In screen comes out and allows me to enter my password.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Thanks!

Tinmayn, Aug 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off?

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers...ing-from-sleep

• Click the Start
      How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off? [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings..
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the drop down menu under Require sign-in and select Never.

(It's an Acer video, but general settings not specific to Acer).

dalchina, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Thank you VERY MUCH! that worked! i guess windows 10 does have some legit settings in the GUI. i thought these must be 100% hidden and only available via gpedit tweaks, thanks again!

TechnoManiac98, Aug 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great.. occasionally it's easy..

dalchina, Aug 25, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    It's also in the Power Scheme Advanced Options , ( you may need to click change settings currently unavailable link too)

How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off? [​IMG]

Kbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off?

1. How to disablelock screen that comes up when display turns off? - Similar Threads - disablelock screen comes

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  6. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  7. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly: This happened 4 times already, sometimes, when I'm editing in premiere pro the compute will completely freeze even cursor and caps lock after about 10 seconds, it disable the video output completely, and comes back after about 5 seconds, but when it comes back, it doesnt...
  9. How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?: [ATTACH] When I use F4 to mute my microphone, this on-screen display appears and stays there unless I unmute. Does anyone know how to turn this off? My OS is Windows 10 Pro 18363. submitted by /u/toxic_chess [link] [comments]...
  10. Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off: I have an Intel NUC Skull Canyon (great device). However, I have one constant problem that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever the display turns off to power savings mode (Note: I have sleep disabled for the OS, but have monitor set to turn off after 15 minutes), the display...