Windows 10: How to disambiguate OneDrive folders?

Discus and support How to disambiguate OneDrive folders? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Opening a new Explorer window, the left-hand pane has Quick Access then Desktop. Desktop lists OneDrive then <User Name>, <Computer Name>, Libraries,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Urhixidur, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Urhixidur Win User

How to disambiguate OneDrive folders?

Opening a new Explorer window, the left-hand pane has Quick Access then Desktop. Desktop lists OneDrive then <User Name>, <Computer Name>, Libraries, Network, Control Panel, Recycle Bin. Under <User Name> the entries for Desktop, Documents and Pictures are duplicated, e.g. C:\Users\<user>\Documents and C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents. I cannot rename the OneDrive items. I would like to either remove them entirely (since they already appear under Desktop: OneDrive) or rename them so I can tell them apart. For instance, the OneDrive instances of Desktop, Documents and Pictures could become "OneDrive Desktop", "OneDrive Documents" and "OneDrive Pictures", respectively.

How can I do this?

:)

Urhixidur, Jul 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 28, 2018
  4. How to disambiguate OneDrive folders?

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

How to disambiguate OneDrive folders? ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

How to disambiguate OneDrive folders?

1. How to disambiguate OneDrive folders? - Similar Threads - disambiguate OneDrive folders

2. How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?: I merged my desktop folder with my Onedrive folder accidentally. please help me how to separate them as lots of documents present in the onedrive folder is visible on desktop....
  3. How to remove OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove OneDrive folders: Good day,I used to access Onedrive folder of a previous company I worked for.I do no longer work for this company.I did not find how to delete the related folder.Each time I reboot, the system tries to access it.Thank you...
  4. How to remove OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove OneDrive folders: Good day,I used to access Onedrive folder of a previous company I worked for.I do no longer work for this company.I did not find how to delete the related folder.Each time I reboot, the system tries to access it.Thank you...
  5. How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?: Hello,I want to automatically let OneDrive synchronize a local folder.In OneDrive/Choose Folder however I cannot select the folder I want.I have followed also this instruction: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Tutorials tenforums.comusing mklink /j...
  6. How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?: Hello,I want to automatically let OneDrive synchronize a local folder.In OneDrive/Choose Folder however I cannot select the folder I want.I have followed also this instruction: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Tutorials tenforums.comusing mklink /j...
  7. Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?

Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?: I removed/uninstalled OneDrive but I still have a OneDrive folder and most of my files are in that folder including my documents, pics and desktop. While my computer seems to work okay can I restore the location of these files in my user folder rather than in the OneDrive...
  8. How to close the OneDrive folder

How to close the OneDrive folder: Dear All, May I know how to close the OneDrive folder? Please see the following attached. Red colour arrow [ATTACH] Don't see the option to unpin the Onedrive folder. [ATTACH] The Onedrive folder properties view. [ATTACH] I also tried to set the folder into...
  9. How to remove leftover OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove leftover OneDrive folder: Basically I removed an old institutional account from my pc and removed it from one drive, or at least I thought because it's still in the file manager since then (more than 3 months ago) and I can't find a way to remove it. I have another personal folder + another...
  10. OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?: I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the cloud. I have one computer for practicing my code and those files are what I want synched, not photos, downloads, music, etc....