Windows 10: How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew

Discus and support How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi knowledgeable community. Here is what I want to do. I have an old laptop and I want to completely disassociate myMicrosoft account from it, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NataliaKourilko, Jan 22, 2019.

1. How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew

Hi knowledgeable community.

Here is what I want to do. I have an old laptop and I want to completely disassociate myMicrosoft account from it, that is, to get to the setup screen. I already removed it from the list of my devices, but I am still asked to login with my credentials, when I start the notebook.

I know that there is an option that allows getting it to the initial state. The problem is... I got my laptop with Windows 7 and then updated it to Windows 10, when Micorsoft was offering a free update (thanks for that!), so I am REALLY worried that my laptop will get back to Windows 7 if I use this option and then I will have to start the updating process all over again, which might take an entire day.

So, the question is. Is there any other way to get rid of association to my Microsoft account on it and allow setting it up with a new one? Please help. Thank you in advance.

:)

NataliaKourilko, Jan 22, 2019

2. Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi Taleys,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your laptop is not appearing among the list of trusted devices.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to make sure the laptop has been verified.

1. Sign in to the main computer with your Microsoft Account.

2. Press Windows key + I to open settings

3. Click on "accounts" and select "your account" on the left pane.

4. Check if the option to verify your identity is available.

5. If so, click "verify" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Once that is done, begin the setup steps given in the article
    and check again.

Get back to us with the response. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 22, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Taleys Win User

How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew

Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi. When I log into my Microsoft account and check under Devices, I only see 3 out of 4 devices that I use with the account. Listed are two nokia windows phones running win 8.1 and 1 hp stream 11 laptop running windows 10.

My main hp-15 laptop running windows 10 is not listed.

I've tried the steps here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-trusted-device

to make it a trusted device but it doesn't make my hp-15 laptop listed.

Thanks

Taleys, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew

1. How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew - Similar Threads - disassociate laptop microsoft

2. Setting up Microsoft account on new Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up Microsoft account on new Lenovo laptop: Just purchased a Lenovo laptop and I can’t get it past the setting up our Microsoft account pages. Any advice please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-microsoft-account-on-new-lenovo-laptop/376a5fc4-a730-4571-8a01-0ecf3bb82208
  3. Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop: I setup my laptop with new microsoft account but with wrong email which doesn't exist, such as @gmail.com4, now i can't sign in to my laptop.. another option is to sign-in is with security key. Any advice for this problem? Tks.....
  4. Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC

Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC: My son logged into our computer with his Microsoft account and now that is associated with our local administrator account. How can I remove his email from this?...
  5. Set up new laptop without Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up new laptop without Microsoft Account: I have just purchased a new laptop pre-loaded with Win 10 Home. Is it possible to set it up without being forced to use a Microsoft Account. I am a single user of the laptop and would prefer to have a local Windows account. It never leaves home so is quite low risk, so I...
  6. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  7. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  8. wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop

wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop: I just got a new laptop and during set up it asked me for a Microsoft account. Me, being technology illiterate, assumed I didn't have one and so used my mobile number. It turns out both my email accounts are Microsoft accounts so when it then asked me to add an email...
  9. How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop

How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop: My son accidentally set up his Microsoft account on his uncle's laptop. His uncle only had a local Windows account previously. Now his laptop is set up under my son's account and has my son's email address, etc and parental controls associated with his user profile. I...
  10. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?: While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see...