Windows 10: How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account

Discus and support How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,My account that I had setup as a local only account has been linked to an old microsoft account without my consent.I have no interest in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BuggerWindows, Nov 26, 2022.

1. How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account

Hello,My account that I had setup as a local only account has been linked to an old microsoft account without my consent.I have no interest in the benefits of linking these, none of those affect my use.How can I permanently remove this account from my LOCAL account?

:)

BuggerWindows, Nov 26, 2022

2. How i can switch from microsoft account to local account?

• Go to Settings
    Now follow these steps(Win 10 and 11):-

1. Go to Accounts
    2. Now you will see your account information.
    3. Click sign with a local account instead.
    4. Follow instructions and then it is done.
    Remember it will not sync settings and passwords for you.

Windowsuser_7_8.1_10_11, Nov 26, 2022
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Local account - as before - disconnect NIC cable

Hi there

as before (Win 8 / 8.1) if you want a LOCAL account simply during the setup phase just disconnect the NIC cable (or if on a VM detach the virtual NIC. Then go back a step and it will then prompt you for a local user.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 26, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account

1. How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account - Similar Threads - disconnect microsoft account

2. How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disconnect microsoft account from local Win 11 account: Hello,My account that I had setup as a local only account has been linked to an old microsoft account without my consent.I have no interest in the benefits of linking these, none of those affect my use.How can I permanently remove this account from my LOCAL account?...
  3. Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11: HiI've tried to change from a local account to Microsoft account.Go fine till i get to the screen where they ask for my password for last time.Keeps saying password is incorrectI have no trouble logging into outlook, office etc.I did notice it said windows password.I have...
  4. Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11: HiI've tried to change from a local account to Microsoft account.Go fine till i get to the screen where they ask for my password for last time.Keeps saying password is incorrectI have no trouble logging into outlook, office etc.I did notice it said windows password.I have...
  5. Going from local to Microsoft account for log in with Win 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Going from local to Microsoft account for log in with Win 11: My local Win 10 log in password is different from my Microsoft account password. A long time ago I used the netplwiz function to not have to enter a password when logging into Windows. I tried that function today and although the app pops up, there is no longer a block there...
  6. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  7. How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?

How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?: I have a work pc with windows 10. There is no domain but my local account is associated with my work O365 profile. A LOT of stuff is installed and configured under my current account which is an administrator. So I cant delete my account or reinstall windows. I needed to...
  8. How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?: So I wanted to switch from my local account to my Microsoft account, but my microsoft account was already associated with my local account so I couldn't just use the "sign in with microsoft instead" option. Fine. So I created a new local account and made it admin, then...
  9. HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????

HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????: Previously, i had a local account with no outlook email attached to it, then i wanted to use the mail app to use one of my emails that is my only outlook account. after connecting it, now my local account has attached to this outlook account, and ive deleted the outlook...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040