Windows 10: How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell

Discus and support How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I wonder if there is the the equivalent of the Disconnect button see picture with a powershell or other script ?I saw that people are telling to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Damien Delestienne1, Nov 30, 2023.

1. How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell

Hello,I wonder if there is the the equivalent of the Disconnect button see picture with a powershell or other script ?I saw that people are telling to delete the content of "C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin*". In fact after executing it I don't see the work and school account BUT in the background, the machine is still linked to azure ad and account still there ? So deleting the folder does a part of the job but not everything. The disconnect button remove credentials info but also unlink the device from azure ad.Is there a way to do all of it with powershell sc

:)

Damien Delestienne1, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Tin L Win User

unable to disconnect school account due to glitch

Hi Anurag,

I'm Christine, a Windows user like you. I'll do my best to help you. I can see here that you cannot disconnect your School Account on your device.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Click Start menu and type Access Work or school and hit enter. Click your school account and hit disconnect.

2. If it didn't work, Let's repair Settings via Powershell

Please click start menu type Powershell, right click on it and choose Powershell Run with Admin, copy and paste the command below:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Then press Enter, once the process is finished, restart the PC and check if the issue still persists.

Please let me know the result. I'll be happy to assist you all the way until it's resolved.

Thank you,

Christine L

Independent Advisor

Tin L, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get disconnected

I was trying to disconnect a work or school account from "Access work or school", but after I press "disconnect" button and saying "yes" to the pop-up warning message ("Are you sure you wont to remove this account? ...) it seems that system doing something and when it finishes the account is still there. I repeated that multiple times with the same outcome.

Vladimir Volkov2, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Chiblood6 Win User

How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:

"If you need to remove an account from your PC:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .
    2. Select the account you wish to remove, then select Disconnect

...."
    However, the only option presented at this section is "Manage" which forwards me to my organization's page to login. The account has since been deactivated with no way to get to the next step.
    I have been getting notifications from my system that "There is a problem with a work or school account click her to fix now" but obviously can't login to remove the account from the system.
    Is there a work around to remove the account without logging in?

Chiblood6, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell

1. How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell - Similar Threads - disconnect school account

2. Unable to Disconnect form Work or School account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Disconnect form Work or School account: Hello, My company uses 365. I have a user who's laptop is logged in with his company email address. It is showing Microsoft Entra ID joined. It is not showing up in Intune. I need to remove it form Entra ID and re-join it. However, when I got to Accounts>Work or Shool> Then...
  3. Unable to Disconnect form Work or School account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Disconnect form Work or School account: Hello, My company uses 365. I have a user who's laptop is logged in with his company email address. It is showing Microsoft Entra ID joined. It is not showing up in Intune. I need to remove it form Entra ID and re-join it. However, when I got to Accounts>Work or Shool> Then...
  4. How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell: Hello,I wonder if there is the the equivalent of the Disconnect button see picture with a powershell or other script ?I saw that people are telling to delete the content of "C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin*". In fact after executing it I don't see...
  5. How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disconnect work or school account via Powershell: Hello,I wonder if there is the the equivalent of the Disconnect button see picture with a powershell or other script ?I saw that people are telling to delete the content of "C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin*". In fact after executing it I don't see...
  6. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync not working even with disconnecting school account: So I have a blue Dell Inspiron M5110 from 2011, and I wanted to sync settings and stuff when I get a new computer someday, but then it will say this: Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this. I've even removed my school account...
  7. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync not working even with disconnecting school account: So I have a blue Dell Inspiron M5110 from 2011, and I wanted to sync settings and stuff when I get a new computer someday, but then it will say this: Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this. I've even removed my school account...
  8. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

9. Work or school account cannot be disconnected

Work or school account cannot be disconnected: Hi, I am trying to disconnect my work/school account but when I go to "Access work or school", select my account and click on Disconnect it is asking me if I am sure and when I confirm account is removed and immediately created again. Is there any way to remove...
  10. How do I disconnect a work or school account?

How do I disconnect a work or school account?: I have a Surface pro 5 with my own microsoft account as the administrator account. However, there is also a work or school account connected to my laptop. Whenever I try to disconnect the account, a box pops up saying "This work or school account cannot be removed by system...