Windows 10: How to: Disk Burst Ignore Time

Discus and support How to: Disk Burst Ignore Time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I searched the web for a clear explanation but didn't really find anything. MS's page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fra.carol, Sep 30, 2020.

1. fra.carol Win User

How to: Disk Burst Ignore Time

Hi, I searched the web for a clear explanation but didn't really find anything. MS's page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/power-settings/disk-settings-disk-burst-ignore-time is even more confusing.

I had already set the "Turn Off Disk After" value to 20 minutes but now I have set the Burst Ignore Time to 2 minutes and the HDD turns off in less than one minute, even after manually waking it up by going to a folder located on it.

So i'd be glad if anyone could explain how to use Disk Burst Ignore Time and the difference with Turn Off Disk After which i thought i knew how it worked but uhm

Cheers

:)

fra.carol, Sep 30, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

100% Disk Usage during startup/opening new programs

Hi Reaver,

Welcome to the 10forums How to: Disk Burst Ignore Time :)

I see you ran chkdsk, but not in the way @dalchina suggested.
    Please follow below instructions and provide the requested screenshots/photos so we have some more information about the status of your hard drive.
    I understand you ran chkdsk before dalchina suggested it, but please run it again per the instructions.

How to: Disk Burst Ignore Time [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue How to: Disk Burst Ignore Time :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 30, 2020
  4. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. How to: Disk Burst Ignore Time - Similar Threads - Disk Burst Ignore

2. Ignore or not?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ignore or not?: Hi again. if I ever run the Microsoft Store Troubleshooter it often finds "Crashing apps not fixed". If I run it again after a few minutes all OK like the attachment below! A little misleading but I assume everything is OK! I also run the link I have attached so unsure if I...
  3. Disk Burst definition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Burst definition: Hi, I am trying to understand how to make the "Disk burst ignore time" setting described herehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/power-settings/disk-settings-disk-burst-ignore-timework as I need it to. First, I need to understand how the "Disk Burst"...
  4. Ignore this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ignore this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/josevictoriah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/io2d93/ignore_this/
  5. burst frequency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz pc name is HP Notebook 14 df0013cl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/6f904221-5dc9-4ecb-aa6b-25cc46060f93
  6. burst frequency

burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz pc name is HP Notebook 14 df0013cl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/6c97cd43-07ce-4706-a77c-11cc1abda6b5
  7. burst frequency

burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/93b86e3c-1441-4186-9d11-3c8276f0eabc
  8. How to tell Windows to ignore a failing hard disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to tell Windows to ignore a failing hard disk?: There's a failing drive in my PC and even through it's E rather than C it's caused Windows to crash, reboot, and try to fix the drive a few times over the weekend. For reasons, mostly of time, I can't physically remove the drive straightaway, so is there a way to tell...
  9. Random repeatable burst of sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random repeatable burst of sound: I have a short burst of musical sound randomly whether any other sound is playing or not. I have updated the sound drivers, removed and re-installed the drivers with no change. Any ideas appreciated...
  10. Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Hard disk burst ignore time" from Power Options in Windows Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's battery life. The...