Windows 10: How to disown an app? App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to...

Discus and support How to disown an app? App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to disown an app that Microsoft Store says I own? I was shocked to receive this email from Microsoft today: Microsoft account New app(s) have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by goodnewsforyou, Nov 12, 2019.

1. How to disown an app? App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to...

How to disown an app that Microsoft Store says I own?

I was shocked to receive this email from Microsoft today:

Microsoft account
    New app(s) have access to your data
    World of Warships connected to the Microsoft account <email address>.
    If you didn't grant this access, please remove the app(s) from your account.
    Manage your apps

I may have started an install and then canceled several months ago.

I also found it was 50 Gb in size!!!

I never granted permissions.

I definitely did not reinstall it again. How could it install itself?

---

Update:

When I uninstalled it, I found that another game which I had installed (Battle Tanks from Extreme Developers), also disappeared.

It appears to me that World of Warships from WarGaming Group, Battle Tanks World War 2, Tank Battles are from the same company and somehow it installs 3 apps.

Even though they are listed from two separate companies: WarGaming Group and Extreme Developers.

I did install only "Battle Tanks". But how did the other apps get installed without permission?

I see in Microsoft store that it says I "own" the app. How can I disown it and these other apps?

How to disown an app? App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to... e27c14ce-febb-4569-8c3f-ab548f3516d0?upload=true.png

:)

goodnewsforyou, Nov 12, 2019

2. Problems with Games Starting (World of Warships)

I have downloaded world of warships on to my laptop. It says I have all the system requirements to play it, but it will not load and closes the app.

RobertPearson4, Nov 12, 2019
  3. screen flickering in world of warships

since installing the last update i have started getting a flickering rolling bar on the load up screens for world of warships. in the game anything that is an overlay flickers and is unusable. i am not using mods, just what comes with the game. no other
    game or app is affected. is there going to be a fix for this?

JohnCarroll6, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to disown an app? App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to...

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

How to disown an app? App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to...

1. How to disown an app? App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to... - Similar Threads - disown app App

2. How to install programs without app store?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install programs without app store?: I was trying to download google chrome remote desktop and every time I try to install the driver it brings me to the windows app store instead. However the app store does not have the chrome remote desktop....
  3. Fix Error code 92: Failed to connect to server in World of Warships Legends on Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error code 92: Failed to connect to server in World of Warships Legends on Xbox: [ATTACH]Some Xbox gamers, as well as PC gamers, are reporting the issue whereby the error code 92 pops up when trying to get on World of Warship Legends servers. If you’re encountering a similar issue, then this post is intended to help you with the most suitable solutions to...
  4. Microsoft store installing apps without my permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store installing apps without my permission: Good day,Microsoft store installing apps without my permission even when Update apps automatically is tuned off. It just downloaded "Photos Media Engine Add-on" of 93MB and I have limited internet data!Any advice to stop this from happening?Fran...
  5. how to Installing apps without windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to Installing apps without windows store: Hello sir, I am from india I am studying +1 subject: how to install apps without using windows store in windows surface rt 8.1 I want to install Microsoft edge . when I downloading anything from internet explorer it shows it cant run in this pc....
  6. Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission: As we reported last week, Microsoft has been installing the firm’s Office web apps on Windows 10 PCs without user permission. This behaviour was first noticed by testers in the Windows Insider program, but later the non-Insiders also started reporting that web apps are...
  7. App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to my microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to my microsoft account.: I was shocked to receive this email from Microsoft today: Microsoft account New app(s) have access to your data World of Warships connected to the Microsoft account <email address>. If you didn't grant this access, please remove the app(s) from your account. Manage your apps...
  8. Freeze during gameplay World of warships

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze during gameplay World of warships: So installed new ssd , clean install of windows still getting freeze A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffc00f3de90010 Parameter 2: fffff8026125c988...
  9. screen flickering in world of warships

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering in world of warships: since installing the last update i have started getting a flickering rolling bar on the load up screens for world of warships. in the game anything that is an overlay flickers and is unusable. i am not using mods, just what comes with the game. no other game or app is...
  10. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps getting Installed Without my Permission: This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission. For example, I just noticed that an app called PowerBI just appeared on my Start Menu without me telling it to install it. This is just annoying and rude so to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disown an app in microsoft store

2. how to disown an app in microsoft store windows 10

3. microsoft store disown apps

4. disown microsoft apps,
  5. disown microsoft store,
  6. disown apps,
  7. How do I disown me an app