Windows 10: How to Dispay Domain Controller computers in Windows 10 PRO Explorer

Discus and support How to Dispay Domain Controller computers in Windows 10 PRO Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Your Linux based NAS not showing up in Windows File Explorer view? I had this problem with 2 Win 10 PRO installations. Now mind you I have 3 Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Railtech, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Railtech Win User

How to Dispay Domain Controller computers in Windows 10 PRO Explorer

Your Linux based NAS not showing up in Windows File Explorer view? I had this problem with 2 Win 10 PRO installations. Now mind you I have 3 Win 10 Home installs that did not have this issue so if yours is a Win 10 Home install this will not fix your problem.

For some insane reason Win 10 PRO in the default Quick Access view of Win 10 Pro will not display other Domain Controller network computers even when file/printer sharing is enabled properly (I assume yours is). To get around this you have to change the View in File Explorer from Quick Access to This PC which is more like the old Win 7 view.

To have Windows turn on file and printer sharing automatically, while in Explorer view click on Network in the left menu column. If file sharing has not been turned on then you will see a message at the address bar location in Explorer asking if you want to enable sharing, select it to confirm Yes.

To fix the issue with Domain Controller computers not appearing in Explorer view open a new File Explorer window and click on the View tab, then click the drop down arrow on Options. Click on Change folder and search options. In the General tab look for Open File Explorer to: and select This PC from the drop down list. This will change the view of File Explorer but you must first close the reopen the Explorer Window.

Tip: If the other computer you are attempting to see/view is a Domain Controller such as a Linux NAS you will need to do one other important step.

Locate the This PC entry in the left menu column of File Explorer, click to select then right click and choose Add a network location, click next on resulting screen, now type in the path of the share name on the computer you wish to connect. (Example: \\Server\Share) Click next and Windows will locate the server\share location (if the location in not accessible due to incorrect path or permissions this will fail). Once accepted click Next again and you will be prompted to enter a name for the location, now be careful here as what you enter here will appear in the view of File Explorer. Enter you choice for a name and click Next again.

The wizard will create a new shortcut for you to the network location specified which will appear in the view space under Network Locations. You can now open the share folder by double clicking on the created shortcut.

:)

Railtech, Jan 4, 2016

2. Download Windows 10 Upgrade for every device separately ?

I have 30 or more computer with Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro under the domain controller.

What is the solution to get them all update to Windows 10 Pro? I would like to do it with ISO but seems it is not available now!

Also I just want to know how long we can get this update for free?

Thanks.

Ali Mirzaei

Ali Mirzaei Damabi, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 does not apply background color set by GPO

Hi

I am the IT Manager for the company and I am trying to set this for the entire company using Group Policy.

• Windows 10 Pro - 16299 Fall Creators Update
    • Computers are domain joined
    • Windows Server 2016 on the Domain Controller
    Thanks

T

TrentQueen- [O365], Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

How to Dispay Domain Controller computers in Windows 10 PRO Explorer

1. How to Dispay Domain Controller computers in Windows 10 PRO Explorer - Similar Threads - Dispay Domain Controller

2. Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...: I am writing to seek clarification and guidance regarding the domain joining requirements and the minimum domain controllers domain and forest functional level supported by Windows 11 22H2.Our organization is currently planning an upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 for our client...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...: I am writing to seek clarification and guidance regarding the domain joining requirements and the minimum domain controllers domain and forest functional level supported by Windows 11 22H2.Our organization is currently planning an upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 for our client...
  4. How to change IP Address of Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    How to change IP Address of Domain Controller: [ATTACH]As an IT administrator, you may be faced with the challenge of how to change the IP address of a Domain Controller on your network. The DC is a mission-critical IT infrastructure, you may be looking for best practices on how you can accomplish this task — this post...
  5. Domain controller is not replicating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain controller is not replicating: Hi Techies,We have run in kind of a situation here in our estate. We found out that one of DC is not replicating properly with rest of them . On some troubleshooting I did reset affected DC password using netdom but that did not help and now it is saying "The naming context...
  6. Domain controller is not replicating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain controller is not replicating: Hi Techies,We have run in kind of a situation here in our estate. We found out that one of DC is not replicating properly with rest of them . On some troubleshooting I did reset affected DC password using netdom but that did not help and now it is saying "The naming context...
  7. how to set dispay settings to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set dispay settings to default: i have acidentally done a mistake in my display settings and because of it i have got a white tint on my display its a software problem when i start a game the display corrects itself i want to set the display settings to default i dont want to reinstall the whole windows...
  8. how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro: need to install a new user on our domain we are using windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-user-on-a-domain-in-windows-10/01f98fc0-6351-40e1-8d06-937b5a10fc2c
  9. domain controller on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    domain controller on windows 10: can I control my domain network over windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-controller-on-windows-10/ab68cd0a-062e-41ce-be1c-b0a121f4d739
  10. screen /dispay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen /dispay: while watching movies the display goes black sound can still be heard only way to get a visual is to move the mouse or press the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dispay/39a4e6ca-9182-46f7-bba2-a7a6ad8d6e2b