Windows 10: How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?

Discus and support How to display a file from command line using File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I pass a file to explorer.exe from the command line, and display it in File Explorer? When I try something like: explorer.exe mypic.jpg It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, May 9, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?

How can I pass a file to explorer.exe from the command line, and display it in File Explorer? When I try something like:

explorer.exe mypic.jpg

It opens the file in my default app for jpg files. I just want to open Explorer with the file displayed and highlighted.

-Thanks

:)

zBernie, May 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options

I am looking for a list of Microsoft Windows 10 "File Explorer command line options".

Preferably from the Microsoft document or TechNet site.

Thank you in advance,

Ause L Sims, May 9, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How to display a file from command line using File Explorer? :)

Naki, May 9, 2020
  4. How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?

Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options

Hi Ause

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

I had trouble finding official documentation, but you could launch the command prompt with elevated privilege, type: help at the prompt

Hit Enter

And it will give you a list of each command line argument you can use to perform common everyday tasks in File Explorer.

Also, here is an article that might be useful.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/10-command-lin...

I am sure others will chime in with helpful suggestions.

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, May 9, 2020
Thema:

How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?

1. How to display a file from command line using File Explorer? - Similar Threads - display file command

2. All Music / Audio Files Gathered Using Command Line

in Windows 10 Support
    All Music / Audio Files Gathered Using Command Line: I am looking for command line methods or series of command methods for gathering all audio files across one or more drives as is done in File Explorer using the search box and the directive "kind:music". I want to get them all in one directory, Seem like it should be easy...
  3. List files with path using Windows command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List files with path using Windows command line: I would an output txt file to list the entire path using a windows command line to a txt file. I want the output to be like this: C:\Folder 1\folder 2\file.doc...
  4. Batch command to include random line from file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch command to include random line from file?: Hello, i was wondering if i can include random line from file into a Windows 10 batch script command. Command is: wmic computersystem where name="%COMPUTERNAME%" call rename name="Computer%RANDOM%" and instead of "Computer%RANDOM%" i would like to input random line from...
  5. Getting the file size on disk from command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting the file size on disk from command line: I'm not sure if this is the correct place but it was the closest and most populated subreddit. I need to find actual disk space of a file, to figure out the downloaded ratio of torrent files. I know it can be seen in file properties and there are ways to get reserved space...
  6. How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?: If I highlight files in File Explorer then select "Copy path", it will copy the path of one or more files to the clipboard. For example below I highlighted 3 files then selected "Copy path" which copied the path of the 3 files to the clipboard. Can someone explain to me...
  7. Deleting files with command line

Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options

Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options: I am looking for a list of Microsoft Windows 10 "File Explorer command line options". Preferably from the Microsoft document or TechNet site. Thank you in advance,...
  9. How to display files size with File Explorer?

in Cortana
    How to display files size with File Explorer?: Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-files-size-with-file-explorer/73380b2a-b28d-49f8-8816-eb95e2e73a14"
  10. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...