Windows 10: How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

Discus and support How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matthew Wai, Apr 5, 2020.

1. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it possible to make it support Chinese?

:)

Matthew Wai, Apr 5, 2020
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Apr 5, 2020
  3. PBayJ Win User
    How to display Chinese characters

Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine, no problems, but Win10 won't accept them in file naming, shows error that certain (regular kb chars, not Chinese) characters not accepted for file names. I don't remember having this problem in Win7.
    --- I suspect the solution is in changing the font types(??) from TTF (as shown in Control Panel > Fonts > (eg: MingLiuHKCSRegular) > Properties) to UTF-8 (or 16 or 32, I now see) , but how ?

PBayJ, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Kun-Zhou Win User

How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

Chinese characters not displaying correctly on Windows 10 with Display language selected as English.

Chinese characters are not displayed correctly on my Windows 10 (with Display language selected as English). For example, in the picture below:

How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE. 4598d6cb-994c-4099-8bf9-c9f2056d317c.png

The forth character is not displayed right, it is slightly above the baseline of other characters. I have downloaded the Chinese language pack and I use Win10 Pro. Is there a way to fix this issue? I recall I never had such problems on Win7.

Kun-Zhou, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

1. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE. - Similar Threads - display Chinese characters

2. How to change system display language for windows 11 Chinese version to English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change system display language for windows 11 Chinese version to English?: I bought my laptop from Chinese storethe menu displayed in Chinese language and version shows that one language version!How to change the display language for windows 11 Chinese version to English without affecting my activation?...
  3. How to change system display language for windows 11 Chinese version to English?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change system display language for windows 11 Chinese version to English?: I bought my laptop from Chinese storethe menu displayed in Chinese language and version shows that one language version!How to change the display language for windows 11 Chinese version to English without affecting my activation?...
  4. Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails: I'm using the Windows Mail app as my email client. I save many emails from Mail to folders in Windows File Explorer. Sometimes when I go back and reopen those emails the text has changed from English to what appears to be Chinese. I'm not a Chinese language user so have never...
  5. How to display Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters: Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine,...
  6. How to convert Chinese windows version into English one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to convert Chinese windows version into English one?: Recently I bought a laptop from China but unfortunately it came with complete chinese version of windows. Everything is written in chinese. I tried to change language but no luck there. So can anyone suggest me how to deal with this problem in anyway. I am ready for paid...
  7. Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version: ISSUE: I already set the option what the language for non-Unicode programs as Chinese, and turn on the Beta function that UTF-8 support for worldwide language, but some Chinese programs also display gibberish on Win 10 English version. How to solve this issue, thanks....
  8. Chinese Characters I need English Please

Chinese Characters I need English Please: on my task bar when I want to safely remove external hard drive, usb key, etc the icon is showing in Chinese how do I get it back to English see picture below - when I left click on the up arrow it gives me a box with the 6 icons and the last one bottom right hand side is...
  9. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  10. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 pro traditional chinese display character square