Windows 10: How to display desktop on three monitors simultaneously in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to display desktop on three monitors simultaneously in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new installation of windows 10 on my HPTC. I want to mirror the desktop on three monitors simultaneously and not that I think this is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NotMyNameXY, Jan 30, 2021.

1. How to display desktop on three monitors simultaneously in Windows 10?

I have a new installation of windows 10 on my HPTC.

I want to mirror the desktop on three monitors simultaneously and not that I think this is the limiting factor, but one connected VGA, one connected HDMI, and the third wirelessly, using Miracast

I note that Windows 10 will allow me to duplicate the desktop on monitors 1&2, or 1&3, but not on all three monitors at the same time.

My Googling this question seemed to indicate it was a limitation of Windows, but I know this worked on my previous Windows setups admittedly, all prior to Win 10

Can you assist?

:)

NotMyNameXY, Jan 30, 2021

2. Desktop icons disappeared with 2nd monitor, Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Did the desktop icons disappear from both the displays when the main display was switched?

2. Which built version of Windows are you currently using?

When you setup multiple monitors, you will get options to personalize the display according to your needs, these options are:-

1. Duplicate these displays- Shows the entire desktop on both displays. The second or other monitors mirror the primary monitor.
    2. Extend these displays - Stretch the desktop across the two displays. The desktop screen of your PC is extended across all the detected monitors and allows you to have a desktop screen that spans across all monitors.

If the display settings are set to Extend these display, all the launched application will be displayed in the monitor which has ‘Make this my main display’ option enabled under the ‘Multiple displays’
    settings. The desktop icons will only be displayed on the main display.

You can refer the following article on How
    to Setup Multiple Monitors in Microsoft Windows 10
    and
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

for more information.

Reply with the information
    to the above questions, in order to assist
    you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 30, 2021
  4. How to display desktop on three monitors simultaneously in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Changing Monitor Size when connected on Windows 10 PC

Hi Colinos,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to refer to the below article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Get the best display on your monitor

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Also, Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

How to display desktop on three monitors simultaneously in Windows 10?

1. How to display desktop on three monitors simultaneously in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - display desktop three

2. How to connect three displays windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect three displays windows 11.: I have a dual display that connects to my laptop originally, I had one connected, but recently I got a HDMI splitter and connected the other. The problem is the 3rd monitor only reflects what's on the 2nd display and the computer only gives options to extend and detect two...
  3. How to connect three displays windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect three displays windows 11.: I have a dual display that connects to my laptop originally, I had one connected, but recently I got a HDMI splitter and connected the other. The problem is the 3rd monitor only reflects what's on the 2nd display and the computer only gives options to extend and detect two...
  4. How to display only one desktop in three monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display only one desktop in three monitor setup?: How to display only second or third monitor in three monitor setup? I've verified this issue on second device - same, missing options. There's no issue in two monitor setup - i can display only on 1, and only on 2. As soon as I'm plugging in third monitor options for...
  5. How to display only one of three monitor in three monitor setup?

How to display only one of three monitor in three monitor setup?: How to display only first or third monitor in three monitor setup? I've verified this issue on second device - same, missing options. There's no issue in two monitor setup - i can display only on 1, and only on 2. As soon as i plugging in third monitor options for...
  6. Three monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Three monitors: I am trying to connect two external "monitors" an old Vizio TV and an old Dell monitor to my laptop Windows 10 for a total of three monitors. The TV is connected to the laptop's HDMI port via an HDMI cable and the monitor is connected to the laptop's USB port via a VGA cable...
  7. Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows?: I have 2 monitors, which is annoying, because when I switch on the monitor and when I wake up from standby mode, only 1 monitor is on and I have to switch on the second monitor myself. Does anyone know of a way to have both monitors on at the same time? Thanks again 2...
  8. Three Monitor/Display Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Three Monitor/Display Issue: I hooked up a 3rd monitor and would like the arrangement to be #3 up top, #1 bottom left, and #2 bottom right. When I arrange the monitors in this layout under display options then click “apply” the arrangement reverts back to #1, #3, and #2 from left to right all on the same...
  9. Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors

Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors: I have seen prior posts about this but none are exactly my problem and none of the suggestions fixed it. Turned on my laptop one day and the desktop is larger than the monitor. If I move my cursor to an edge of the monitor, the display moves over - so I can see the entire...
  10. How to display on three screens?

How to display on three screens?: I am working off a lap top on a dock with two other screens. When I go to display setting it only recognizes 2 screens . How do I get it to "see" my three screens so I can display on all of them?...