Windows 10: How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

Discus and support How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the same problem as this person: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1011006but I have a windows 10 and the solution does not show up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mammmmamiaaaa, Apr 22, 2022.

1. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

I have the same problem as this person: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1011006but I have a windows 10 and the solution does not show up in the Taskbar settings. Is there an updated version of solution for Windows 10? Here is the OPs original question."When I open a new Firefox window, it stacks it on top of all the others in the task bar at the bottom. I would like them to be BESIDE each other. It used to do that. Now I have to hover over the ONLY Firefox item on the bottom task bar and read the list to find the one I want to go to. This is a waste of time and tedious.How can I ch

:)

Mammmmamiaaaa, Apr 22, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Computer will not go to sleep and/or the screen saver will not display in Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

I've followed your steps, and there is nothing listed under Task Status. There are 80 'Active Tasks', but nothing under Task Status (searched for last 30 days).

So unfortunately, no change there. :/

Any other suggestion to check?

nogoodnames, Apr 22, 2022
  4. coffent Win User

How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode

I asked this question back on July 2020, but have updated it and am reposting in hopes that someone knows a solution. Others are experiencing the same problem.

The problem manifests itself as a blank area at the top of a maximized window. It occurs

• Only for certain programs (Notepad, Intel Graphics, Thunderbird, Firefox, Macro Exchange Pro32, VLC Media Player, Irfanview)
    • Not for other programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Notepad++, PDFXchange Editor, Jarte, Mathcad, Visual Studio, Macrium Reflect)
    • Only when the window is displayed in Maximized mode on whichever monitor is designated as primary on a dual-monitor system
    When it occurs, clicking on the program's menu items does nothing, and if, for example, the X at the top right of the screen is clicked, it closes not the affected program, but rather any program underneath it.

The only way I've found to cure the problem temporarily is to reboot the computer. How long it takes before the problem recurs is variable. For example, I was free of the problem for over a month until 2 days ago. Now it's occurred 3 times in the span of 2 days.

I've seen various suggestions for curing the problem, but none have worked. For example, one person suggested using Task Manager to "end task" of dwm.exe. This works for an already-opened program, but if the program is closed and reopened the problem comes back.

This problem has been plaguing me (and others with dual monitors) for over a year. Any suggestions?

System: Windows 10 Home 2009 64-bit; Intel Graphics 630 card

[I wanted to reduce the size of these screenshots & display them side-by-side, but double-clicking them does not bring up a screen for adjusting size, as I was told. If someone can tell me how, I'll reduce them.]
    Windowed_________________________________________________________________________Maximized

How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task... [​IMG]

How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task... [​IMG]

coffent, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

1. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task... - Similar Threads - display different beside

2. Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11: I don't know how this happens but eventually my icons overlap each other after a bit of use and I have to restart file explorerAs you can see on the bottom Spotify doesn't appear even when its open but I found out that its under google chrome so I have no idea whats going...
  3. Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11: I don't know how this happens but eventually my icons overlap each other after a bit of use and I have to restart file explorerAs you can see on the bottom Spotify doesn't appear even when its open but I found out that its under google chrome so I have no idea whats going...
  4. Windows behind each other.

Windows behind each other.: Good afternoon I am having trouble with my PC its worth mentioning that it is a custom built PC not sure if that matters. So what is going on is after using my PC for a bit for work I have multiple windows open for work and after a bit of using it windows will start to hide...
  5. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...: I have the same problem as this person: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1011006but I have a windows 10 and the solution does not show up in the Taskbar settings. Is there an updated version of solution for Windows 10? Here is the OPs original question."When I open...
  6. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...: I have the same problem as this person: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1011006but I have a windows 10 and the solution does not show up in the Taskbar settings. Is there an updated version of solution for Windows 10? Here is the OPs original question."When I open...
  7. Windows stacking on top of each other

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stacking on top of each other: G'Day Anyone figured out hot to get the Windows side by side like 7? Win V Build 19041.388 160863
  8. Windows stacking on top of each other

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stacking on top of each other: G'Day Anyone figured out hot to get the Windows side by side like 7? Win V Build 19041.388 160863
  9. How to stack icons on the task bar side by side or on top of each other?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stack icons on the task bar side by side or on top of each other?: <p>On win10 I have my taskbar on the right side of the screen.</p><p>I want to stack the icons side-by-side to each other to maximize the space of the taskbar! Otherwise I waste a lot of space as in the pic below see the red boxes which should have been filled with icons...
  10. Making explorer open windows beside each other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making explorer open windows beside each other: Hello! Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a way to do this ever since I tried Linux for a little bit and the file manager windows would open besides each other and...