Windows 10: How to display file count in a column in explorer

Discus and support How to display file count in a column in explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Is there a way to display how many files are in a folder in details layout explorer window? submitted by /u/NewsFromHell [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NewsFromHell, May 27, 2020.

1. How to display file count in a column in explorer

Hi everyone,
    Is there a way to display how many files are in a folder in details layout explorer window?

submitted by /u/NewsFromHell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NewsFromHell, May 27, 2020

2. Word Count Column in File Explorer

I work primarily with RTF documents. I came across the option in Windows File Explorer to add a "Word Count" column to the File Explorer display. The "Word Count" does display but it gives no count for any of the documents listed in the File Explorer.
    From top to bottom no word count is displayed for any file created in any of the word processors I use. To date my search on the internet has not found a solution to the lack of word counts.

NeilShephard, May 28, 2020
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 28, 2020
  4. LorenWard Win User

How to display file count in a column in explorer

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

• Using File Explorer, I navigated to the folder I wanted to view the file counts, I right clicked on the column labels and chose File Count.
    • This is occurring on any folder when I try to use the File Count column
    • I currently use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    • I also tried changing the View to Detail Pane, that did not make any difference.

LorenWard, May 28, 2020
Thema:

How to display file count in a column in explorer

1. How to display file count in a column in explorer - Similar Threads - display file count

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. How to make Windows 10 File Explorer Column show actual File Count ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 10 File Explorer Column show actual File Count ?: Is it possible for Windows 10 File Explorer Column to show correct File Count?As-Is, it is not showing actual file count as shown below.I am using subfolders as staging and hoping File Explorer column to reflect if a staging step has complete.Thanks Ahead!...
  5. How to make Windows 10 File Explorer Column show actual File Count ?

How to make Windows 10 File Explorer Column show actual File Count ?: Is it possible for Windows 10 File Explorer Column to show correct File Count?As-Is, it is not showing actual file count as shown below.I am using subfolders as staging and hoping File Explorer column to reflect if a staging step has complete.Thanks Ahead!...
  6. How to make Windows 10 File Explorer Column show actual File Count ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to show columns in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show columns in file explorer: Hi I have an issue where my file explorer doesn't show any columns. I have sort by and group by columns, but it still doesn't show any of them. You can see this in the image below:...
  8. How to show columns in file explorer

How to show columns in file explorer: Hi I have an issue where my file explorer doesn't show any columns. I have sort by and group by columns, but it still doesn't show any of them. You can see this in the image below:...
  9. How to show columns in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae