Windows 10: How to display file number count out of total files in a folder

Discus and support How to display file number count out of total files in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In older versions of Windows Explorer, there was a feature where you could click on a file in a folder and it would display the file number out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Haley_D, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Haley_D Win User

How to display file number count out of total files in a folder

In older versions of Windows Explorer, there was a feature where you could click on a file in a folder and it would display the file number out of the total files in a folder. Ex. 3/100, would mean you are clicking on the 3rd file of 100 files in a folder. That feature appears to have gone away, is there any way to get this to display or another method to show what file number out of total files you are selecting?

:)

Haley_D, Apr 21, 2020

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 21, 2020
  3. LorenWard Win User
    I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

• Using File Explorer, I navigated to the folder I wanted to view the file counts, I right clicked on the column labels and chose File Count.
    • This is occurring on any folder when I try to use the File Count column
    • I currently use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    • I also tried changing the View to Detail Pane, that did not make any difference.

LorenWard, Apr 21, 2020
  4. How to display file number count out of total files in a folder

total number (count) of contacts / people?

Hello avioing,

Unfortunately at the moment there is no such mechanism to count all the contacts on the phone. As suggested, you would have to go to windowsphone.live.com and get the count from there. If you have Outlook with Exchange, you should go get the total count
    from within Outlook, same applies to Gmail and other contact lists. Thanks a lot for contributing to the forum!

Patrizia R., Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

How to display file number count out of total files in a folder

1. How to display file number count out of total files in a folder - Similar Threads - display file number

2. How to get count of file types in Pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get count of file types in Pictures folder?: How do I get a list of all the file type extensions in a folder?For example for the Pictures folder, I would like to see what file types exist in the folder, how many files of that type, and how much disk space that file type is using?some thing likeD:\users\XXX\Pictures all...
  3. How to get count of file types in Pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get count of file types in Pictures folder?: How do I get a list of all the file type extensions in a folder?For example for the Pictures folder, I would like to see what file types exist in the folder, how many files of that type, and how much disk space that file type is using?some thing likeD:\users\XXX\Pictures all...
  4. How to get count of file types in Pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to count the number of items in a folder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to count the number of items in a folder on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Here is a simple trick that will show you how to count the number […] This article How to count the number of items in a folder on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display

Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display: When I display the folders under the Documents folder that look like this <image...highlighted> [ATTACH] The sub-folder named PRIORITY TASKS isn't shown. Does File Explorer impose a limit on the number of sub-folder that it will display? [ATTACH] TIA for your suggestions....
  7. How to display file count in a column in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display file count in a column in explorer: Hi everyone, Is there a way to display how many files are in a folder in details layout explorer window? submitted by /u/NewsFromHell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grn5xj/how_to_display_file_count_in_a_column_in_explorer/
  8. File and folder count are incorrect after copy

in Windows 10 Support
    File and folder count are incorrect after copy: Did a win10 copy of files and folders as a manual backup to an external disk. Source 2k8 server (via unc path) and destination win10 laptop with external usb drive. Did properties on the main destination folder and the source afterwards and could see that there was a...
  9. Number of view or open files count in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number of view or open files count in windows explorer: I try to find a way to view how many time the files have been open in windows explorer Thanks everyone submitted by /u/cartmanbrah44 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5dhla/number_of_view_or_open_files_count_in_windows/
  10. File Explorer reports incorrect file count and folder volume.

File Explorer reports incorrect file count and folder volume.: Hello, I found several cases reporting the same bug on the Internet but did not find a solution so far. I have Windows 10 home edition on my PC and File Explorer > Properties reports wrong file count and folder volume if the folders that have subfolders. Does anybody know...