Windows 10: How to display files size with File Explorer?

Discus and support How to display files size with File Explorer? in Cortana to solve the problem; Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Doug.Martin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to display files size with File Explorer?

Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file?

:)

Doug.Martin, Oct 30, 2018

2. How to display files size with File Explorer?

Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file?

Doug.Martin, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Personalising 'File Explorer' Environment and Display (Text Size Etc.)

Hi Peter,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I will assist you to fix the issue.

This issue may occur if you have changed the Display settings in Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on System.

• Click on Display from the left navigation pane.

• Change the size of text, apps and other items to
      recommended level (100%).
    If you wish to change the size of the folders in Windows explorer, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open the File explorer.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer.

• Select Large/small/medium/extra-large/details/list/tiles/content icons. (As you prefer)
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 9, 2018
  4. How to display files size with File Explorer?

How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Hi Zeljko,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in File Explorer settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to steps to find the size of the folder containing data in it.

1. Right click on File Explorer where
    Folder
    are present.

2. Then right click on the File Explorer and
    View
    menu.

3. Click on either Content or Details.

4. Check if Size is getting displayed or not.

Please get back to us with an update on finding the folder size, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

How to display files size with File Explorer?

1. How to display files size with File Explorer? - Similar Threads - display files size

2. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  3. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  4. Always Display File Sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always Display File Sizes: I always use the details view when navigating through Windows folders. It displays a column dedicated to "size" but it's always empty. Is there a way to automatically display file and folder size at all times in Windows? The irony is that I currently navigate through Windows...
  5. File explorer can't display file size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer can't display file size?: I was wondering why can't file explorer display the size of a file in the size column. It would help a lot if I can see it, instead of manually hovering over every single file submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware [link] [comments]...
  6. How to see folder file size in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see folder file size in Explorer: I somewhat recently switched over from Mac to Windows. One thing I still can't figure out is how to see the file size of a folder in the Explorer window. When I open a window, I see the following tabs: "Name", "Date Modified", "Type", and "Size". For files, "Size" is...
  7. File explorer icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer icon size: Heyo Is there a way to set the size of every icon in file explorer to be the same all throughout my C drive? 159475
  8. File Explorer - File Size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - File Size: Hi. In the File Size column in File Explorer the size is displayed in kBs. When the list of files contains extreme size variations, there is a necessity to have wide column to get the millions of kBs displayed. Also, having the display automatically adjust itself to a...
  9. Wrong file size displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong file size displayed: [ATTACH] I am getting this in my F drive. I updated windows, scanned it using Windows Defender Offline scan but still it's appearing like this. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-file-size-displayed/7d4b0e10-4611-4f3b-a497-abdc51e4c306"
  10. File display size

in Windows 10 Support
    File display size: Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how do I get them back opening maximized? Any advice appreciated. Thank you. 136691

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make windows file explorer show file size

2. file explorer display file size

3. windows file explorer display file size

4. how to display file size in file explorer