Windows 10: How to display files size with File Explorer?

Discus and support How to display files size with File Explorer? in Cortana to solve the problem; Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Doug.Martin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to display files size with File Explorer?

Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file?

:)

Doug.Martin, Oct 30, 2018

2. How to display files size with File Explorer?

Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file?

Doug.Martin, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Personalising 'File Explorer' Environment and Display (Text Size Etc.)

Hi Peter,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I will assist you to fix the issue.

This issue may occur if you have changed the Display settings in Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on System.

• Click on Display from the left navigation pane.

• Change the size of text, apps and other items to
      recommended level (100%).
    If you wish to change the size of the folders in Windows explorer, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open the File explorer.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer.

• Select Large/small/medium/extra-large/details/list/tiles/content icons. (As you prefer)
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 9, 2018
  4. How to display files size with File Explorer?

How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Hi Zeljko,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in File Explorer settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to steps to find the size of the folder containing data in it.

1. Right click on File Explorer where
    Folder
    are present.

2. Then right click on the File Explorer and
    View
    menu.

3. Click on either Content or Details.

4. Check if Size is getting displayed or not.

Please get back to us with an update on finding the folder size, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

How to display files size with File Explorer?

1. How to display files size with File Explorer? - Similar Threads - display files size

2. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....
  3. File display size

in Windows 10 Support
    File display size: Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how do I get them back opening maximized? Any advice appreciated. Thank you. 136691
  4. Font size in File Explorer

Font size in File Explorer: How can I increase the font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-in-file-explorer/ea1def19-1e9e-406e-bb9e-61defda02b64"
  5. Data size and numberof files file explorer

Data size and numberof files file explorer: I have discovered an enormous discrepancy: Please advise [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-size-and-numberof-files-file-explorer/e9c109a4-d2a2-4456-afb3-75c0abdde539"
  6. Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB: New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning. This morning, they all are KB. It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size. Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB. I know they are large so...
  7. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......
  8. Font size in files and folders explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Font size in files and folders explorer: Hello, How can I resize the text in windows explorer - files and folders, the fonts are so small I can hardly see them with my eyeglasses. Please help. Thanks And thanks for all previous answers 48919
  9. How to display full file path in Wndows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display full file path in Wndows Explorer: There is a tutoral on this issue, but it doesn't solve the central problem, which is, where is the folder? I mean, which drive is it on? The image shown in the tutoral gives the file path as beginning with "This PC". But WHERE on this PC? My PC has several drives, and...
  10. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to display file size in file explorer