Windows 10: how to display num lock setting on screen

Discus and support how to display num lock setting on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to turn on the Windows feature that shows the status of the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys on the backup laptop which has no light installed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allan.R, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Allan.R Win User

how to display num lock setting on screen

I'm trying to turn on the Windows feature that shows the status of the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys on the backup laptop which has no light installed in its Num Lock key.

This laptop, a Toshiba Satellite, originally only used the lights in the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys to display their status. Some time in the last few months, I somehow turned on an option which displays a 2cm square message in grey for a brief time when either of the keys is turned off or on. I got used to the message, but didn't really need it for this computer. After looking up how to get it on the other computer, the only articles I found (using this one for the browser) told me to go to Start->Settings->Ease of Accessibility->Keyboard and turn on Toggle Keys. This added a beep to the grey message, which I didn't need on this computer, but I can turn the beep on and off at will, leaving the message block on.

The other laptop, an older HP Notebook, has the same version (and latest updates) of Windows 10, also had no software option to display the Lock keys' status. It has a light in the Caps Lock key, but not in the Num Lock key, so I searched for ways of showing SOME kind of Num Lock status. I stumbled upon the sounds at the same point in the Settings menu, but turning the sound on and off produced no screen display.

The instructions (from the Auslogics logic web site) said that after turning the Toggle Keys sound on, I should go to Start->Settings->Ease of Accessibility->Other Options, but THERE IS NO "OTHER OPTIONS" option on that screen, or any other screen of the Settings menu. I cannot remember how I turned the visual message on originally on this machine, nor how I could turn it off on this machine, which would give me a clue how to turn it on on the other machine.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this without third party software?

:)

Allan.R, Jan 9, 2019
  2. vin.vin Win User

microsoft designer bluetooth desktop on screen display num lock and scr lock

Any solution for on screen display the num lock and scr lock in windows 10 ?

vin.vin, Jan 9, 2019
  3. vin.vin Win User
    microsoft designer bluetooth desktop on screen display num lock and scr lock

I am using windows 10 and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop.

This keyboard has no LED for display NUM lock or SCR Lock.

I tried to install Microsoft keyboard and mouse software to on screen display NUM Lock and SCR lock, but no luck.

It does not affect the performance but it affecting the typing experience.

vin.vin, Jan 9, 2019
  4. how to display num lock setting on screen

Num Lock issue on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Num Lock on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may plug in an external keyboard to the PC to check if the Num Lock issue reoccurs. You may also want to use the on-screen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

how to display num lock setting on screen

1. how to display num lock setting on screen - Similar Threads - display num lock

2. how to set num lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set num lock off: how to set num lock off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-num-lock-off/3ee74135-2375-445b-80a2-2e9d76effb8a
  3. how to set num lock off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set num lock off: how to set num lock off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-num-lock-off/3ee74135-2375-445b-80a2-2e9d76effb8a
  4. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  5. the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen: the indicator of the numlock is not displaying in the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-indicator-of-the-num-lock-is-not-displaying-in/b414d677-1f29-43af-ab39-c788475cfb9c
  6. the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen: the indicator of the numlock is not displaying in the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-indicator-of-the-num-lock-is-not-displaying-in/b414d677-1f29-43af-ab39-c788475cfb9c
  7. Num lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock: bios numlock is on, registry in default user is set to 2 as well as specific users, as they look date formatted i dont think it matters, but they were all 0 so i changed them all num lock turns off every time i log in. why doesn't microsoft listen to the bios setting, or...
  8. Keyboard Settings for Num Lock Key

Keyboard Settings for Num Lock Key: My Num-Lock key resets to "Off" when the computer is "Shut Down". . My password requires an ASCII character, and having the Num-Lock off while trying to enter the Windows password is a problem. It takes a few unsuccessful attempts before I remember the Num-Lock is off. ....
  9. num lock

num lock: My num lock and the number keys on the far right of the keyboard do not work while on the internet. They work normally if not. I can not use the keys to include them in an email. Need some help. By the way the number keys on the top of the keyboard work in both formats....
  10. Num lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num lock: How do I get NUM LOCK OFF recognized for numbers to print? Characters will not register. 61221