Windows 10: How to Display the File Path of Images Displayed by the Lock Screen Slide Show?

Discus and support How to Display the File Path of Images Displayed by the Lock Screen Slide Show? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We enjoy viewing the random images in the “Pictures” folder using the Lock Screen Slide Show. Unfortunately with thousands of images finding the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pauljoelf, Sep 2, 2019.

1. pauljoelf Win User

How to Display the File Path of Images Displayed by the Lock Screen Slide Show?

We enjoy viewing the random images in the “Pictures” folder using the Lock Screen Slide Show. Unfortunately with thousands of images finding the one displayed can be impossible. Is there a method, tweak, or app to superimpose the path to the image being displayed? Or a keyboard shortcut to freeze the slide show and display the image’s path?

:)

pauljoelf, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Rocky-USA Win User

screen saver slide show not showing file path or name while screen saver runs

We upgraded from XP. In XP when the screen saver was showing photos it listed the photo title and path to where the photo being displayed was located. Is there a way to turn this on in Windows 10? I have been searching for months now and can not find
    a setting allowing this to happen.

Will the Windows 10 screen saver display file names and path as it displays photos?

Thanks.

Rocky-USA, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 2, 2019
  4. AlanMick Win User

Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen

This question concerns the background image for the sign-in screen. The sign-in screen definitely "knows" the user's preferences and options. For instance, it "knows" the user picture that is displayed in the circle above the user name on the sign in screen.

Under "settings->personalization->lock screen" there is an option to browse for a background picture. Under that is the option to "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen". By sliding this to ON (which I have done) the lock-screen background
    is supposed to be displayed as the background on the sign-in screen.

This works on other accounts I have on the same computer. But it does not work for this account.

Is there something that I can do in addition to what I have done to get it to start working?

AlanMick, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Display the File Path of Images Displayed by the Lock Screen Slide Show? - Similar Threads - Display File Path

2. Lock screen slide show not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen slide show not working: My Lock screen slideshow does not work after a recent Windows update. If I'm away from my computer for a while, instead of displaying the Lock Screen slid show, the screen is totally black. It works at bootup if I don't immediately login and after a manual lock screen Win L....
  3. Lock screen slide show not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen slide show not working: My Lock screen slideshow does not work after a recent Windows update. If I'm away from my computer for a while, instead of displaying the Lock Screen slid show, the screen is totally black. It works at bootup if I don't immediately login and after a manual lock screen Win L....
  4. Adding Slide Show to Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Slide Show to Lock Screen: Hi All, I'm having issues using a slideshow for my lock screen on my computer. When I access the area under Settings the button to locate the file to use as the lock screen doesn't even highlight for me to select a folder. Anyone have any idea what settings may be preventing...
  5. Lock Screen Display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Display: How do I change the ID on the lock screen from my email account name in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-display/84324f3d-a72f-4103-931a-55092d1d9c76
  6. Windows 10 Lock Screen Slide Show Displays Old Images - Cannot Change for the life of me

Windows 10 Lock Screen Slide Show Displays Old Images - Cannot Change for the life of me: Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, OS build 18362.836 Ok, I don't know how many hours I've spent trying to resolve this issue, but it has been way too many. This is maddening. I've spent hours and hours perusing the many threads on this forum and other sites complaining about...
  7. Windows lock screen background images display incorrectly.

Windows lock screen background images display incorrectly.: Hello, i've set a folder with some wallpapers pictures and i've noticed that they are flipped \ mirrored when the slideshow starts. my windows 10 version is 1909 build 18363. i see some old post from around 2017 about this so you would think that this should be already...
  8. Lock Screen/Display

Lock Screen/Display: I would like to display my lock screen on both of my monitors and want to know if that is possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screendisplay/f5f77fac-6bdb-4ce8-b9a9-2f8d761540c0
  9. photo slide shows does not display full screen. How to fix this problem

photo slide shows does not display full screen. How to fix this problem: photo slide shows does not display full screen. How to fix this problem? When I click on a slideshow, it does not display full screen but small pictures on Windows 10 64 bit. Please advise....
  10. lock screen slide show issues

in Windows 10 Support
    lock screen slide show issues: Worked fine on windows 8.1 but updated with the RTM of 10 and now the lock screen only works on one screen. Used to work on the 2 screens on the side and not in the middle which was fine but now just on the main screen and the other 2 stay blank. Dunno if its a known issue or...