Windows 10: How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Discus and support How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows10 1809ver. How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view? on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RomeO151028, Apr 2, 2019.

1. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Windows10 1809ver.

How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view?

on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name,
    the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1

I am not asking for "detail" View

Picture 1 (The effect I want to achieve)

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? [​IMG]

Picture 2 (My current situation) (file names cut off,in the ninth group of 1234567890)

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? [​IMG]

:)

RomeO151028, Apr 2, 2019

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

You can manually adjust the widths for each by placing your mouse cursor on the line separating each detail and you will see a > I or + <, then hold down left mouse button and slide left or right.

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? cbabfe73-3c33-4661-8819-714bba632542?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Apr 2, 2019
  4. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

1. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? - Similar Threads - display full name

2. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change displayed name?: Hello!I have changed my name and now my deadname is showing everywhere - on the Microsoft apps and on my laptop. I really don't want to see my old name. What can I do?...
  3. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change displayed name?: Hello!I have changed my name and now my deadname is showing everywhere - on the Microsoft apps and on my laptop. I really don't want to see my old name. What can I do?...
  4. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.: I wanted to change the name that is displayed in the Windows login, I couldn't change it on the Microsoft or neither did I find a way in Windows Settings, so I tried the method my friend told me to use. I typed control userpasswords2 in the Windows Run window it brough me to...
  6. Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.: I wanted to change the name that is displayed in the Windows login, I couldn't change it on the Microsoft or neither did I find a way in Windows Settings, so I tried the method my friend told me to use. I typed control userpasswords2 in the Windows Run window it brough me to...
  7. Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. How to change width of clock display

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change width of clock display: Ever since the anniversary update my clock has not been able to fully display the date and time. [img] I use 1st Clock Taskbar clock and there has not been a problem before. Is there a way of increasing the size of the area to display the info the clock is...
  9. change default view to list for each and every folder

in Windows 10 Support
    change default view to list for each and every folder: How do I change the default view to list for every folder even those on a usb thumb drive. It seems to revert back to detail view *Sad 25570
  10. How to change how folder views are displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change how folder views are displayed: When I double click to open a folder I get an extra pane on the right side that is useless to me and takes up real-estate. How to I change the view options to eliminate that extra pane. Attached are 2 images - one showing the extra pane, and the other showing how I'd...