Windows 10: How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Discus and support How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows10 1809ver. How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view? on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RomeO151028, Apr 2, 2019.

1. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Windows10 1809ver.

How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view?

on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name,
    the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1

I am not asking for "detail" View

Picture 1 (The effect I want to achieve)

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? [​IMG]

Picture 2 (My current situation) (file names cut off,in the ninth group of 1234567890)

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? [​IMG]

:)

RomeO151028, Apr 2, 2019

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

You can manually adjust the widths for each by placing your mouse cursor on the line separating each detail and you will see a > I or + <, then hold down left mouse button and slide left or right.

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? cbabfe73-3c33-4661-8819-714bba632542?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Apr 2, 2019
  4. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

1. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view? - Similar Threads - display full name

2. How to change User Folder Name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change User Folder Name ?: I purchased a used tablet. The seller reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. I used a MS account to login . I renamed the tablet from the original Tablet7 to another name. However the User Folder in C drive is still named Tablet7. How do I change the folder name to my...
  3. How to change width of clock display

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change width of clock display: Ever since the anniversary update my clock has not been able to fully display the date and time. [img] I use 1st Clock Taskbar clock and there has not been a problem before. Is there a way of increasing the size of the area to display the info the clock is...
  4. How to change display in folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change display in folder: Hi. Can someone tell me how can i change display in (music) folder? To be more specific i want all the folders with tracks to show only Name and Bit rate. I set it to look like that when i first got Windows 10 but i forgot how and now system has updated and everything went...
  5. change default view to list for each and every folder

in Windows 10 Support
    change default view to list for each and every folder: How do I change the default view to list for every folder even those on a usb thumb drive. It seems to revert back to detail view *Sad 25570
  6. How to change how folder views are displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change how folder views are displayed: When I double click to open a folder I get an extra pane on the right side that is useless to me and takes up real-estate. How to I change the view options to eliminate that extra pane. Attached are 2 images - one showing the extra pane, and the other showing how I'd...
  7. Folder View menu, how to change

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder View menu, how to change: In Windows 10 when I go to the View in File Explorer I sometimes see the Show/Hide menu as a list if checkboxes in the menu, and sometime it seems to change to a drop down. I dont really understand how to change this (I prefer the list). Ive tried every option I can see in...
  8. How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?: Hi*Smile I have exactly the same problem solved here http://superuser.com/questions/66431...e-in-windows-7 but Win 10 isn't Win 7 and the regedit trick Iconspacing don't work for me, the space is enlarged but the folder names will get cut off in the middle of the word...
  9. How to change width of toolbars

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change width of toolbars: Hi im using DU Meter for showing internet stats as a toolbar, but at 4k resolution the toolbar gets distorted. It does not have enough width, the numbers get cut off. Does anyone know how to change the size of toolbars? They are called task bands i think but i havent found...
  10. How to change the name of a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the name of a new folder?: When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this? 15058