Windows 10: How to do a 2x SSD raid0

Discus and support How to do a 2x SSD raid0 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am wondering how to raid both of my SSD's in raid 0 . Also is it safe as I am only using those SSD's . I have also heard ways like doing it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SergioGaleana, Mar 31, 2020.

1. How to do a 2x SSD raid0

Hello I am wondering how to raid both of my SSD's in raid 0 . Also is it safe as I am only using those SSD's . I have also heard ways like doing it in the bios and in windows but I cant do it in windows since I need to convert them into a dynamic disk . Though it gives me an error saying there isnt enough space to convert them . I also heard that if you raid your SSD's that you cant use them as a boot or something like that , that you arent able to do ?

Specs

Ryzen 7 2700x

B450 F Gaming Mobo

Adata SU635

Adata SU650

16gb ram

Rx 5700

:)

SergioGaleana, Mar 31, 2020
  2. DasXardas Win User

Windows 10 Annivesary update takes long boot up time from SSD

Hi,

No, this SSD isn't original. I had purchased my laptop with 2x Samsung 951 256GB NVMe SSDs in RAID0, but I had the same issue in that configuration. That issue was the reason why I replaced 2 SSDs into only one.

DasXardas, Mar 31, 2020
  3. gumpty Win User
    OCZ Apex SSDs in RAID0?

Just a bit of info needed.

I just recently got me a 60Gb OCZ Apex SSD and installed Vista on it, and most of the rest of my programs on a WD 300Gb VelociCraptor.

Sadly the raptor bricked soon after and was RMA'd. Now eBuyer no longer stock the raptor so I will be getting a refund and was thinking of spending the dosh on a second SSD in a RAID0 setup.

My question though ... given that the Apex series of SSDs have a raid controller in-built (to speed them up some), will that conflict with a RAID setup of two SSDs?

Hmmm ... advice please.

Also if you want to shout any other suggestions for spending the money, please do. Hookers no. Beer yes. *Toast :toast:

gumpty, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Burgurne Win User

How to do a 2x SSD raid0

3 SSD's - wish to run raid0 on 2 SSD, and one single SSD

Greetings.
    3 SSD's. Boot works fine when it runs in AHCI mode. Windows 10 is on SSD 1.
    I then switch from AHCI to RAID, and then I make a RAID0-array of SSD 2+SSD3.

Then it can't boot anymore, allthough there has been no change for SSD 1 with Windows 10. Inaccessible_boot_device. But why? How to get Windows 10 to boot with this setup?

Burgurne, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

How to do a 2x SSD raid0

1. How to do a 2x SSD raid0 - Similar Threads - SSD raid0

2. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  3. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  4. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  5. How to run OS from SSD?

How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  6. Windows ssd to Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  7. Windows ssd to Mac

Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  8. Cannot format SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  9. Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD: Currently I have 2 1TB HDD's in RAID0 AMD 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI disk device configuration and I want to transfer everything over to a single SSD and use that as my primary drive, then use the old HDD's as extra space. How would I go about doing this? All of my data as well as...
  10. 3 SSD's - wish to run raid0 on 2 SSD, and one single SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 SSD's - wish to run raid0 on 2 SSD, and one single SSD: Greetings. 3 SSD's. Boot works fine when it runs in AHCI mode. Windows 10 is on SSD 1. I then switch from AHCI to RAID, and then I make a RAID0-array of SSD 2+SSD3. Then it can't boot anymore, allthough there has been no change for SSD 1 with Windows 10....