Windows 10: How to do a fresh install w/ SSD as only drive?

Discus and support How to do a fresh install w/ SSD as only drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im lost. I booted from the usb flash drive w/ the win10 install media on it created with the media tool, and it shows no drives to install windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kylan619, Jul 10, 2021.

1. kylan619 Win User

How to do a fresh install w/ SSD as only drive?

Im lost. I booted from the usb flash drive w/ the win10 install media on it created with the media tool, and it shows no drives to install windows to.How do you do a fresh install of windows on a Solid State Drive?thanks,-k

:)

kylan619, Jul 10, 2021

2. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Fresh Windows Installation in SSD

Hey, i want to install fresh windows on my SSD..but will it wipe my D drive(Other drive than OS drive) if i install windows on SSD? I can't backup my data..what will you recommend ? My PC has 1 TB hard disk and I added a new SSD of 256GB . I want to install
    windows in SSD ..so what will happen if i install new windows in ssd will it delete my personal data..?

ayyyushhhhh, Jul 10, 2021
  4. How to do a fresh install w/ SSD as only drive?

Windows 10 fresh install on new SSD

Hello Guys, I have a little problem with this automatic activation thing after adding a new SSD card to My Desktop, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 . So I do have a couple of questions. But before going to the questions I wanted to phrase
    step by step what I did, so you have a good feel of what is going on here.

The first thing to know is that before the lunch of Windows 10 I had a laptop and a desktop running windows 7. and as soon as Windows 10 came out I upgraded both of them with no problems. After the upgrade were successful I decided to install a fresh version
    of Windows 10 on each, which worked flawlessly with no issues on activation. I'm logged in both of my devices with the same Microsoft account.

Then I decided to upgrade my laptop with a new SSD Drive, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 and had no problems.

After that I decided to do the same for my desktop, and I upgraded it with a new SSD drive, which I just added, I didn't remove any of my old drives. I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 on that SSD . I was happily using my desktop when I saw
    a message on the down right corner of my display saying That I needed to activate Windows. So I opened to activation window found in Settings and I saw a heart breaking message in red letters saying "We can't activate Windows 10 on this device because you
    don't have a valid digital license or product key. Go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error Code: 0x803f7001"

I went through the "Troubleshoot" screen which seamed to be looking for Activation problems, but I came with the same kind of message saying that the only way to activate windows is by going to the store and purchase the software.

Below that screen I saw a link saying "I change hardware on this device recently", I though this is going to solve my problem! But I got the same kind of massage, no possible to activate Windows. I saw the link See
    other devices linked to your Microsoft account
    and I click on that and I can only see my laptop listed. So I decided to try and see if I can logging my Microsoft account on a browser, Which I kind of knew was there but I had never logged in for any reason,
    so I didn't know what to expect. and There I found not two, but three devices listed! One of them my laptop, and two desktops with different names, but the same Mother Board model. I checked and confirmed that one of them was in fact the one whit the SSD card
    that I was using and having problems with, so I decided to boot with the old hard drive and see the computer name, and in fact is the other one listed.

I know for sure that the Windows 10 on the old hard drive is activated, because I always kept it updated and had not a single sing that wasn't.

My questions are:

Do I have to wait longer to get it activate?

Why on the windows settings I see only my laptop listed (this is on the desktop settings) and not the other two devices that are listed in my Microsoft account?

Please help me guys! I got couple of more computers from family that I maintain and I order a couple of SSD for upgrading them too. I don't want to have any issues with those.

JuanDechia, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

How to do a fresh install w/ SSD as only drive?

1. How to do a fresh install w/ SSD as only drive? - Similar Threads - fresh install SSD

2. load ssd driver on a fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    load ssd driver on a fresh install: I have a MSI creator laptop M16 A12UD, I would like to fresh install Windows 11 from a USB pen. During the installation process, I need to load the driver for the ssd, and I cannot find any compatible driver.-MSI incredibly does not publish storage drivers on their website...
  3. load ssd driver on a fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    load ssd driver on a fresh install: I have a MSI creator laptop M16 A12UD, I would like to fresh install Windows 11 from a USB pen. During the installation process, I need to load the driver for the ssd, and I cannot find any compatible driver.-MSI incredibly does not publish storage drivers on their website...
  4. Games lagging w/ nee harddrive and fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games lagging w/ nee harddrive and fresh install: Hello. I recently got a new HDD and SSD as my HDD failed.I had some lag but it wasnt too bad before. Now I've installed windows 10 on the SSD and everything else goes on the HDD, but performance is slow with games and some programs. CPU stays relatively low. But my fan is...
  5. Fresh Windows Installation in SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Installation in SSD: Hey, i want to install fresh windows on my SSD..but will it wipe my D driveOther drive than OS drive if i install windows on SSD? I can't backup my data..what will you recommend ? My PC has 1 TB hard disk and I added a new SSD of 256GB . I want to install windows in SSD ..so...
  6. Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...

Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...: Hello, I would like to know if I could Disconnect my Hard Drive which was my primary boot drive until I bought an SSD, and then Install a fresh copy of windows on the SSD with a bootable USB drive while the hard drive is disconnected and then when the windows is set up and...
  7. Fresh install with 1909 only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install with 1909 only?: Hi everyone; Did a fresh install of Windows 10 last night to attempt to fix some power on from sleep issues that I am having on my notebook. I like to use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB for the install, so I can format the drive using command prompt etc....
  8. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  9. Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD

Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 couple years ago when MS offered to Windows 7 owner a free upgrade. Now I'm planning to install a SSD to my computer and have the OS boot from it. How do i do a fresh install to my SSD without the disc? Is there somewhere I can download Windows 10...
  10. Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home

Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home: Hello, Just got a new Lenovo laptop with Win-10 Home to replace my older Win-7Pro laptop. This laptop has a whole bunch of junk software that Lenovo has installed. I was wondering what the best way is: - backup the system so in case I need to, I can reset to...