Windows 10: How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode?

Discus and support How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot scan any file on a computer running windows 10 in S mode.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by N Y from New York, Jul 29, 2019.

1. How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode?

I cannot scan any file on a computer running windows 10 in S mode.

:)

N Y from New York, Jul 29, 2019
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  4. How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode?

Windows 10 -10240 Right click the "Quick access" and auto shutdonw File Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to run Windows defender and check for any virus or malware infection. Usually, Windows Defender requires first time scan, when you update it at first time. I think you Shut down your computer or put it in Sleep mode before completing the scan.

Open it by typing Windows Defender in the search box. Then, from the Home page, run the quick scan (or full scan if you have time and you feel that you system driver(s) are infected).

Although you can close the window while it scans your computer, do not close it to see scan result. If everything is well done, close it and it will not ask you for scanning if not required for some reason. It will prompt if something is not going well.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Please post back with the results , we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode?

1. How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode? - Similar Threads - quick full system

2. Quick Scan runs forever

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Scan runs forever: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes.[Original Title: Quick Scan] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-runs-forever/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  3. quick scan frozen in windows s mode

quick scan frozen in windows s mode: In windows s mode virus and threat protection says quick scan due but it never completes the scan. How do I stop this notification in the task bar. Thank you...
  4. Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working

Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working: Hi, I wanted to do a virus scan, but for some reason it's been stuck at 0 files scanned, Estimated time remaining, 0 and it SAYS it's not doing anything, but it did find a couple of trojans anyways. Can anyone help me fix the visual bug, if it even is one? [ATTACH]...
  5. Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode

Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode: My new laptop in S mode keeps attempting to perform a quick scan alongside a warning message Quick Scan Due - several dots appear across the screen as if its doing something but this goes on for hours with no result. My security is up-to-date and the laptop is barely used....
  6. quick scan not running automatically

quick scan not running automatically: My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never runs....
  7. my computer runs windows 10, how do I switch out of s mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer runs windows 10, how do I switch out of s mode?: how do I switch out of S mode on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-runs-windows-10-how-do-i-switch-out-of/6f6605b5-6b70-494d-9c22-053b87de58ca
  8. Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...: I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. Unlike a regular version of Windows 10, Windows Defender in Win 10 S mode does not let users to do a quick/full system scan, and a custom scan on a specific folder/file. My work requires me to access to third party...
  9. Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...: I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. Unlike a regular version of Windows 10, Windows Defender in Win 10 S mode does not let users to do a quick/full system scan, and a custom scan on a specific folder/file. My work requires me to access to third party...
  10. Running Full Scan

Running Full Scan: I run Defender "full scan" every 3-4 days. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours and other times 9-10 hours. Should I run it more often? Or is this normal to run for such a long time? When done, there is somewhere between 700,000-800,000 items scanned....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. full system scan windows 10

2. quick scan due windows 10 s mode

3. windows 10 s mode quick scan dots keep going

4. windows 10 s no option to qucik scan,
  5. how to do a scan on windows 10 in s mode,
  6. how to run a scan in windows 10 s mode,
  7. system scan windows 10,
  8. full system scan,
  9. quick scan in S mode keeps running,
  10. quick scan due,
  11. scan a computer running windows 10 in s mode,