Windows 10: How to do a recovery in windows 10 that runs for hours? It won't stop.

Discus and support How to do a recovery in windows 10 that runs for hours? It won't stop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to do a recovery in windows 10, then went to bed. Eight or nine hours later it was still going. I know it doesn't take that long. I had to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GrantPetersen, Oct 12, 2018.

1. How to do a recovery in windows 10 that runs for hours? It won't stop.

I tried to do a recovery in windows 10, then went to bed. Eight or nine hours later it was still going. I know it doesn't take that long. I had to do a hard stop by holding the power button down for ten seconds, so I hope that didn't hurt it. What causes this? And how can I make it work in the future?

:)

GrantPetersen, Oct 12, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 12, 2018
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

How to do a recovery in windows 10 that runs for hours? It won't stop.

Data recovery software

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144395

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

How to do a recovery in windows 10 that runs for hours? It won't stop.

1. How to do a recovery in windows 10 that runs for hours? It won't stop. - Similar Threads - recovery runs hours

2. Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.: I have a Windows 11 laptop. With an approximately 20% chance, after starting it and running the OS for an amount of time somewhere between 10 and 20 hours, it stops acknowledging the existence of my headphones. They simply stop appearing in the list of audio outputs, no...
  3. Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.: I have a Windows 11 laptop. With an approximately 20% chance, after starting it and running the OS for an amount of time somewhere between 10 and 20 hours, it stops acknowledging the existence of my headphones. They simply stop appearing in the list of audio outputs, no...
  4. HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?: HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-bios-update-from-running-and/91921e5b-bfa9-4728-a0bb-0d7aab1a1e2b
  5. how do I stop defrag running randomly and unscheduled windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I stop defrag running randomly and unscheduled windows 10: I am trying to reduce memory use and wear to my HDD, and windows 10 pro 64bit keep running random processes, even when the schedule is disabled. The latest is defrag, which runs randomly and unscheduled. I have read the Q&A here and the concensus is to disable it in the...
  6. How do I stop my clock from chiming every hour in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop my clock from chiming every hour in Windows 10: My clock chimes every hour on the hour even though I have removed it from my taskbar. How do I stop it? It's ANNOYING! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-clock-from-chiming-every-hour-in/d007d0f2-7726-44c8-a424-18ae0b6d92e0
  7. Windows 10 system recovery running for hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 system recovery running for hours: Running Windows 10 system recovery to point just before last update. Has been running for hours and just now states it’s working on the registry. Let it keep running or do something else?...
  8. How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?: This frequently happens while writing a paper or in the middle of a game. It seems like windows does not understand active hours and what is happening at that moment it decides to start an update. I have changed the hours to see if a change will get it to work properly....
  9. Windows 10 won't run

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't run: Thanks for the reply. I've turned quick boot off and tried booting from where windows is located. None of this worked. Any more help would be appreciated! Hi Adam, Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles. I doubt that it is a corrupt BIOS as you advised that you...
  10. Windows 10 won't shut down and fan won't stop running

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't shut down and fan won't stop running: My computer has been acting up since we had a bad storm last week. The power supply was on a surge protector which did not trip when the house's power went out. First, the computers fan is constantly running. When I check the BIOS the CPU is at + 88C and the fan continuously...