Windows 10: how to do a system image

Discus and support how to do a system image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to do a system image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-a-system-image/76d9c66c-4be7-40c8-bbc6-6db6d40ca65c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elagnammab, Jun 10, 2019.

1. how to do a system image

how to do a system image

:)

elagnammab, Jun 10, 2019

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2019
  3. System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2019
  4. how to do a system image

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

how to do a system image

1. how to do a system image - Similar Threads - system image

2. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  3. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  4. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?: Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-w10s-basic-system-image-reliable-to-use-today/57d94d88-7646-460b-a9e3-db2df99c317d
  5. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?: Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-w10s-basic-system-image-reliable-to-use-today/57d94d88-7646-460b-a9e3-db2df99c317d
  6. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...: system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of windows 10 22H2 wiht my motherboard driversi need an image of my own and shoudl be able to install in on new system fastest possiblealso how do i get bulk discount for my systems. I need all drivers to...
  8. I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...: system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of windows 10 22H2 wiht my motherboard driversi need an image of my own and shoudl be able to install in on new system fastest possiblealso how do i get bulk discount for my systems. I need all drivers to...
  9. I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...

10. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....