Windows 10: How to do partition of disk in new system on windows 10 getting confused

Discus and support How to do partition of disk in new system on windows 10 getting confused in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got new laptop and want to have partition from C drive, did from help videos from disk management and now its not showing partition or have done a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hardik khetani, Aug 14, 2020.

1. How to do partition of disk in new system on windows 10 getting confused

I got new laptop and want to have partition from C drive, did from help videos from disk management and now its not showing partition or have done a smaller, really confused in doing this process and need help from first step.

please help

thanks.

:)

hardik khetani, Aug 14, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 14, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

How to do partition of disk in new system on windows 10 getting confused

Windows 10: Unknown System (ZHow to do partition of disk in new system on windows 10 getting confused :) Partition or Disk.

Hi Leonardo,

There are several factors why you see unknown system partition or disk in your computer. It can be a recovery partition. For us to better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When did this issue occur?

Meanwhile, we suggest to follow these steps:

• Open a Command Prompt as admin.
    • Type in diskpart.
    • Type list volumes.
    • Find out which volume shows as your drive E: then type select volume N, where N is the number that the volume was given.
    • Double-check that you're on the right volume, type in "list volume" and check where the asterisk is. If it's beside the volume you wish to change, then good, if not you'll need to do "select volume N" again.
    • When you're sure you're on the right volume, type in remove letter=E.
    • Check it has been done by typing "list volume" to see the results.
    • Close the command prompt window.

It will let you remove that partition.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

How to do partition of disk in new system on windows 10 getting confused

1. How to do partition of disk in new system on windows 10 getting confused - Similar Threads - partition disk system

2. Windows 10, system not is detecting disk's partition, but detects disk as online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, system not is detecting disk's partition, but detects disk as online.: I ran cmd from windows boot installer from flash drive. The missing partition has windows in it. When i type diskpart then "select disk 1" disk 1 has windows and then "list partition", it gives me "There are no partitions on this disk to show." I found this article:...
  3. System and Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Disk Partition: Few Days ago i mistakenly deleted my OS and had to clean install windows 11. I got a DELL device and i found that Dell preinstalled apps were missing, i somehow managed to get back MY DELL and DELL SUPPORT ASSIST but still don't have DELL OS RECOVERY.Today i noticed my disk...
  4. System and Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Disk Partition: Few Days ago i mistakenly deleted my OS and had to clean install windows 11. I got a DELL device and i found that Dell preinstalled apps were missing, i somehow managed to get back MY DELL and DELL SUPPORT ASSIST but still don't have DELL OS RECOVERY.Today i noticed my disk...
  5. How do you enlarge the system partition in Windows 10 using Disk Management?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you enlarge the system partition in Windows 10 using Disk Management?: Hi.I want to install Bitlocker on a Windows 10 computer. According to Microsoft, Bitlocker requires a system partition size of at least 250MB. But the system partition on the computer is only 100MB see below.Can I safely use the Disk Management utility in Windows 10 to...
  6. How do you enlarge the system partition in Windows 10 using Disk Management?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you enlarge the system partition in Windows 10 using Disk Management?: Hi.I want to install Bitlocker on a Windows 10 computer. According to Microsoft, Bitlocker requires a system partition size of at least 250MB. But the system partition on the computer is only 100MB see below.Can I safely use the Disk Management utility in Windows 10 to...
  7. How do you enlarge the system partition in Windows 10 using Disk Management?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 Partition Confusion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Partition Confusion: Hi all. Recently I installed a new SSD, onto which I cloned my Windows 10 OS and files as it was on the original HDD that came with my laptop. As far as I can observe, the cloning process worked properly, as I write this from the Windows booted off the new SSD. However when...
  9. Windows 10 Partition Confusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Partition Confusion: Hi all. Recently I installed a new SSD, onto which I cloned my Windows 10 OS and files as it was on the original HDD that came with my laptop. As far as I can observe, the cloning process worked properly, as I write this from the Windows booted off the new SSD. However when...
  10. new disk partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new disk partition: Hi, my new notebook installed the windows 10, but the only drive that was created was the C: drive. I used the built-in disk management tool to partition the C: drive, but the new drive cannot be named D:, it is not in the options. Why is that ? Is there same way to make it...