Windows 10: How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI?

Discus and support How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let me explain my setup. (All systems involved are running Windows 10 Pro.) I have this desktop computer with VMWare Workstation that has multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ahmd, Apr 17, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI?

Let me explain my setup. (All systems involved are running Windows 10 Pro.)

I have this desktop computer with VMWare Workstation that has multiple virtual machines running. That host desktop system is connected to my Wi-Fi router that provides the Internet.

I also have a laptop that also connects to the same Wi-Fi router for its internet, that I want to use to connect to one of those virtual machines using RDP (Remote Desktop). Again, RDP from laptop to a VM.

At this stage I set up a static IP address in the OS in the VM:

How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI? Nc8uiZw.png

and I can RDP into it using that IP from the host desktop. But when I try it from the laptop it fails.

I'll admit, networking is not my trump card. Can someone let me know what am I missing?

:)

2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. RFT OB1 Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problem with Virtual Machine

We made the big mistake of configuring a WINDOWS-10 VM to allow for Remote Desktop Connections. We are unable to disassociate the VM from RDM. We can no longer access the VM!!! The following is the pertinenet
    information:

• Server is running Windows-10 Professional 64 with Hyper-V installed.
    • VM is Windows-10 Professional 64.
    • In VM allowed Remote Desktop Connections.
    • From server successfully connected to VM via RDM.
    • Closed RDM connection. Unable to access VM.
    • Turned off VM from Hyper-V Manager.
    • Attempted to restart VM, unable to connect via Hyper-V from message box the following is displayed:

Video Remoting was disconnected. The virtual maching is currently using the Remote X 3D video adapter. A user is currently connected via Remote Desktop Connect to the virtual machine by using Remote Desktop Connection.
    • Connected via Remote Desktop Connection. Attempted to turn off allowing Remote Desktop Connection. VM hung.
    • VM Wouldn't turn off via Hyper-V manager.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Unable to connect via console or RDM.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Deleted VM via Hyper-V Manager.
    • Restored VM system disk from backup prior to RDM usage.
    • Created new VM. the messages in itm 7 above are displayed.
    What can be done to recover? Why does Hyper-V retain a broken connection?

RFT OB1, Apr 17, 2019
  4. How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI?

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI?

1. How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI? - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop connection

2. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?: The camera is a Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 USB plugThe OS is Windows 10 pro v22H2The router is a Asus RT-N12The camera works fine via USB to laptopCurrently the router is connected to internet via POE injector to a wifi radio mounted outside on top of a stick and the laptop...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  5. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  6. How do you limit Remote Desktop Connection access to one outside user?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you limit Remote Desktop Connection access to one outside user?: first of all the system is Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Right now I can access Remote Desktop Connection from anywhere outside the network using the servers credentials, but id like to make it so only "HOME-PC\John" can access it and nobody else! So for example your on...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection from CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection from CMD: I created a file with the .bat extension, in which I wrote the following script:$Hostname = "MyHostname"$User = "MyUser"$Password = "ZZZ"cmdkey / generic: $Hostname / user: $User / pass: $Passwordmstsc / v: $Hostname /f But I get the following error: The remote computer name...
  8. Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM

Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM: I have an Android 8 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. However I am unable to get sound working on the Android VM. I have tried absolutely everything I could find on google with no success. Some write ups say I must connect to the VM through RDP instead of...
  9. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...
  10. Remote Desktop can't connect the remote computer for one of these reasons on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop can't connect the remote computer for one of these reasons on Windows 10: ISSUE: Remote Desktop can't connect the remote computer for one of these reasons on Windows 10 I got this error and researched the issue for days. My company IT couldn't help either and the ultimate solution was so simple. And I didn't see this answer ANYWHERE on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use remote desktop with one pc connected to ethernet and one to wifi