Windows 10: How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE?

Discus and support How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using IE as my browser I was able to go to a website that posted short stories and some fan fiction. Once the story was open I could hit the ctrl key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Biff1957, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Biff1957 Win User

How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE?

Using IE as my browser I was able to go to a website that posted short stories and some fan fiction. Once the story was open I could hit the ctrl key and the s key at the same time and it would open up a save dialogue box. I could then choose how to save the file. I cannot figure out how to accomplish this now that I am using MS Edge as my default browser. Any help would be appreciated. Im not that computer literate so please keep the answer simple. Thanks.

:)

Biff1957, Oct 23, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 23, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Oct 23, 2019
  4. How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE?

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE?

1. How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE? - Similar Threads - something Edge

2. Can I shut down my laptop while downloading something from Microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I shut down my laptop while downloading something from Microsoft edge?: I was wondering if I could, due to a big zip that is 3 gb, last time I accidently shut down my laptop it was while exctracting a zip and i had to factory reset it. can I download while my laptop is in sleep mode?...
  3. Can I shut down my laptop while downloading something from Microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I shut down my laptop while downloading something from Microsoft edge?: I was wondering if I could, due to a big zip that is 3 gb, last time I accidently shut down my laptop it was while exctracting a zip and i had to factory reset it. can I download while my laptop is in sleep mode?...
  4. Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...: It is really OLD that you change MY PREFERENCES every single time you update something!!!!!! If I wanted to use your garbage product EDGE which consistently does not function properly with a multitude of things I interact with on a daily basis just to waste more of my time I...
  5. Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...: It is really OLD that you change MY PREFERENCES every single time you update something!!!!!! If I wanted to use your garbage product EDGE which consistently does not function properly with a multitude of things I interact with on a daily basis just to waste more of my time I...
  6. Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why when i search something up on microsoft edge it always says that the site has been...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why when i search something up on microsoft edge it always says that the site has been...: When I start to search something up on microsoft edge like how to's or a single letter or number Microsoft Defender SmartScreen says that This site has been reported unsafe it started today when yesterday i got this extension called my custom search bar and it said managed by...
  8. Brave/Edge Back buttons? Am I missing something

in Browsers and Email
    Brave/Edge Back buttons? Am I missing something: I have the latest version of Windows 10. Both my Edge and Brave browsers will not go back a page when I hit the back button. Is there a fix for this? 177200
  9. Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?: When I opened Edge in incognito mode just now, it loaded a new tab with the Microsoft Edge at Microsoft website. But I can't find the link now and I didn't let the website load fully. I just noticed that Edge updated earlier. So, I'm wondering if that's the case. submitted...
  10. Is something wrong with Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is something wrong with Edge?: [ATTACH] So, i must say that i don´t use Edge i use Chrome, but a few days ago i noticed that on task manager an absurd number of microsoft edge update exist. I tried opening edge and check if it had an updated, but it said it was updated. I just checked answers...