Windows 10: How to double click on zipped files and directly create a folder with all the extracted files.

Discus and support How to double click on zipped files and directly create a folder with all the extracted files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to just double click any zipped file and directly get everything extracted to a folder with the same name as the zipped file like in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/favoxhille, Jun 17, 2020.

1. How to double click on zipped files and directly create a folder with all the extracted files.

Is there a way to just double click any zipped file and directly get everything extracted to a folder with the same name as the zipped file like in macos, either by using the default utility or 3rd party software?

submitted by /u/favoxhille
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/favoxhille, Jun 17, 2020
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jun 17, 2020
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Jun 17, 2020
  4. pyramid10 Win User

How to double click on zipped files and directly create a folder with all the extracted files.

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

How to double click on zipped files and directly create a folder with all the extracted files.

1. How to double click on zipped files and directly create a folder with all the extracted files. - Similar Threads - double click zipped

2. Can't Extract Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Extract Zip Files: Hi, My .zip files can't be extracted. It seems like I can open the zip files and see what is in the folder but for some reason I can't open the documents or files.I've tried restarting the computer and it didn't help....
  3. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  4. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have a zipped file and I'm trying to unzip it, but if I try to extract it, it says I need to copy a file to it. What shall I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-a-zipped-file/b0ff20c4-c44b-48f5-a303-1e8a054275eb
  5. When right-clicking on a Zip file, 'Extract All' option does not exist

When right-clicking on a Zip file, 'Extract All' option does not exist: I have the very latest Windows 10 Pro version 2404. When right-clicking on a Zip file, the "Extract All" option does not exist. Why? Did the latest Windows update remove this? I also noticed that in Windows Explorer, when I left-click just once on the file, the very top of...
  6. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  7. Extracting ZIP files

Extracting ZIP files: I bought my Surface in the US, but I live in China. I try to download content for my Adobe products, but Windows cannot recognize the file type ZIP. The downloads are given a file type in Chinese. I suspect this is the reason. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Slow Extraction of .zip File

Slow Extraction of .zip File: Why is Windows 10 so slow in extracting a standard .zip file? It takes forever to unpack a simple ,zip file and seems to be much longer than previous versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-extraction-of-zip-file/eb0d110b-b040-4e14-aa12-ad2d53622174"
  9. Help with extracting a zipped file!

Help with extracting a zipped file!: Because I had a folder downloaded on my PC. And when I was going to extract the zipped file downloaded, thru the file explorer, I'm surprised that the menu for extracting the files wouldn't highlight. So I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the image: [ATTACH]...
  10. Extracting Zip Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting Zip Files: Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for the rest of the day....