Windows 10: How to downgrade back to Windows 10 from education?

Discus and support How to downgrade back to Windows 10 from education? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there! I got a free windows 10 education key with a purchase in my university's student and faculty store. I honestly hate the upgrade and it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Atwoah, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Atwoah Win User

How to downgrade back to Windows 10 from education?

Hi there!

I got a free windows 10 education key with a purchase in my university's student and faculty store. I honestly hate the upgrade and it won't let me access certain settings. I would rather switch back to home, but I have no idea how to do so. I tried to do a factory reset but that didn't work. I only upgraded about 2 months ago.

:)

Atwoah, Feb 2, 2019

2. Downgrade Rights of Windows 10 Education

Hello everyone. I have a question about Downgrade rights of Windows 10 Education.

According to this pdf I have downloaded from Microsoft's website, I see it can be downgraded to previous versions of Windows.

https://download.microsoft.com/down...d-4a6d-aed9-f2c1f8f23e14/downgrade_rights.pdf

But there on the chart, on top of Windows 10 Education it says "Commercial Licensing". My version of Windows 10 Education is downloaded from Microsoft Imagine with my students account. So is my version of Windows 10 Education going to be eligible
    to downgrade? As I am having compatibility problems with my current Windows 10 Education Operating System, I have to downgrade my OS in order to be able to run the software I have to run to do my work.

I am looking forward to your answers.

Kind regards.

TomaszAabb, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Downgrade Windows Education

How I downgrade my Pc Education to pro?

AnojaMadusanka, Feb 2, 2019
  4. How to downgrade back to Windows 10 from education?

Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

How to downgrade back to Windows 10 from education?

1. How to downgrade back to Windows 10 from education? - Similar Threads - downgrade education

2. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade: My home computer is running Windows 10 Education using a product code I was given for free in college. It's fine enough, but I'd like to fully switch to a home-use edition such as Pro. The documentation for changing editions regarding Education is confusing to me, so I'm not...
  3. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade: My home computer is running Windows 10 Education using a product code I was given for free in college. It's fine enough, but I'd like to fully switch to a home-use edition such as Pro. The documentation for changing editions regarding Education is confusing to me, so I'm not...
  4. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro: Hi All,Would like to check if it is legal to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro?as i bought an used laptop that comes with Windows 10 Pro Edu and would like to change it to Windows 10 ProThanks in advance....
  6. Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro: Hi All,Would like to check if it is legal to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro?as i bought an used laptop that comes with Windows 10 Pro Edu and would like to change it to Windows 10 ProThanks in advance....
  7. Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

8. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  9. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  10. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to downgrade from windows 10 education

2. downgrade from windows 10 education to home

3. how to downgrade from win 10 education to home

4. to roll back windows 10 pro education to windows 10 pro,
  5. microsoft 10 downgrade from education,
  6. roll back windows pro education to windows 10,
  7. windows 10 education downgrade to windows 10 professional