Windows 10: How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11

Discus and support How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Browser updates usually include security fixes, performance improvements, and new features. However, sometimes a new version can cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 6, 2026 at 2:12 AM.

  1. WinClub New Member

    How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11


    How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11 How-to-downgrade-Edge-version-on-Windows-computer.png ​
    Browser updates usually include security fixes, performance improvements, and new features. However, sometimes a new version can cause compatibility issues or disrupt your browsing experience. In such cases, you may need to temporarily roll back the browser to an earlier version. In this guide, we will show you how to downgrade Microsoft Edge to an […]

    This article How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

    read more...
     
  2. malware Win User

    Microsoft Windows 7 Will Allow Downgrades too

    Even though there's still some time left before the official release of Windows 7, Microsoft - the creator of this OS - confirmed today that just like some Windows Vista distributions could be downgraded to Windows XP with ease, the same will apply to Windows 7. General users of Windows 7 will be given the option of downgrading right over Vista to Windows XP, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
    "This is not the first time that Microsoft has offered downgrade rights to a version other than its immediate predecessor," the spokesperson told Betanews, "and our Software Assurance customers can always downgrade to any previous version of Windows."
    Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly how downgrade rights will work with Windows 7 - for now we know that Windows 7 will be downgradable to either Windows Vista or Windows XP - the rest of the details remain unclear.

    Source: Betanews
     
  3. Microsoft Edge bottom half cut off on Windows 10

    We can try the following ways:

    1. I suggest we clear the browsing history and check if the issue persist.

    Please follow the steps:

    Open Microsoft Edge.

    Click on “...” (… symbol) on the top right corner of the browser.

    Select Settings from the drop down menu.

    Click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

    Check the Cookies and saved website data (and any other data you want to clear) and click on Clear button.

    1. Enable Inprivate Browing feature of Edge.

    We can refer to Enable Private Browsing in IE 11 and Microsoft Edge

    1. Try to reset Windows Edge. Go to Settings->App->Apps and features->Windows Edge->Advanced options->Reset.


    How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11 [​IMG]


    1. Use Windows Compatibility List.

    Open "Windows Edge".

    Type "about:flags".

    Click "Enter".

    Check "Use Windows Compatibility List".

    Restart the computer.


    How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11 [​IMG]


    1. Try to update Windows updates.
    2. Logon the laptop with another computer account, if we still have this problem, try reinstalling the operating system.
     
  4. How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11

    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region


    I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

    Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

    1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.
     
    hurricane51, Oct 6, 2026 at 2:13 AM
    #4
Thema:

How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11

Loading...
  1. How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - downgrade Microsoft Edge

  2. How to Downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 and NOT LOSE Your Microsoft License

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 and NOT LOSE Your Microsoft License: How to Downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 and NOT LOSE Your Microsoft License https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-windows-11-to-windows-10-and-not/35cca7db-555c-40e5-9b28-20bb51f114b5
  3. How to Downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 and NOT LOSE Your Microsoft License

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 and NOT LOSE Your Microsoft License: How to Downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 and NOT LOSE Your Microsoft License https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-windows-11-to-windows-10-and-not/35cca7db-555c-40e5-9b28-20bb51f114b5
  4. Microsoft is evolving Copilot in Windows 11 by downgrading it

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is evolving Copilot in Windows 11 by downgrading it: Microsoft has just evaporated the small hope that some users may have had that Copilot could become a useful tool to manage the Windows 11 operating system. When Microsoft first began to introduce Copilot in Windows, it highlighted that the AI would allow users to control...
  5. How to downgrade windows 11 to windows 10

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade windows 11 to windows 10: How to downgrade windows 11 to windows 10 when the go back button is grayed out? Im hopeing I can keep my files but if i can,t then its fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-windows-11-to-windows-10/233ee927-eae0-4d9a-b0d7-eea2697d84b0
  6. How to downgrade windows 11 to windows 10

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to downgrade windows 11 to windows 10: How to downgrade windows 11 to windows 10 when the go back button is grayed out? Im hopeing I can keep my files but if i can,t then its fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-windows-11-to-windows-10/233ee927-eae0-4d9a-b0d7-eea2697d84b0
  7. Windows 11 Downgrade

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Downgrade: I have a simple question. I want to buy a new laptop but there is a catch. Laptops with windows 10 are more expensive than with windows 11, and I don't want to buy a laptop without OS, simply because I will have to buy it separately. So my question is: Can I downgrade to...
  8. Windows 11 — How do I downgrade to the old Microsoft Whiteboard?

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 — How do I downgrade to the old Microsoft Whiteboard?: Hi. I upgraded to Windows 11 month or so ago. I found that it included the new Microsoft Whiteboard.After using the app for a few days, I did not like it.So, I was wondering if I could do a downgrade to the older version of the app, which was available in Windows 10.Is the...
  9. Windows 11 — How do I downgrade to the old Microsoft Whiteboard?

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 — How do I downgrade to the old Microsoft Whiteboard?: Hi. I upgraded to Windows 11 month or so ago. I found that it included the new Microsoft Whiteboard.After using the app for a few days, I did not like it.So, I was wondering if I could do a downgrade to the older version of the app, which was available in Windows 10.Is the...
  10. windows 11 downgrade

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 downgrade: II want to downgrade windows 11 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-downgrade/90cec6de-18b3-4262-808e-37ef7f51009d