Windows 10: How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter

Discus and support How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, We have two Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters and one of the firmware version is V.2.0.8350. and another one is V.2.8381 But the higher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SunnyYu, Dec 21, 2018.

1. SunnyYu Win User

How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter

Hello,

We have two Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters and one of the firmware version is V.2.0.8350. and another one is V.2.8381

But the higher version Adapter cannot display very well, always cannot display completely. And the lower version one is working well.

Could you please advise the correct way to downgrade the version to the lower one?

Thanks.

:)

SunnyYu, Dec 21, 2018

2. wireless display adapter firmware update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the wireless adapter?

2. Are you referring to updating the Wireless display adapter?

If so, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer's website and check if there are any updates available.

However, you can try the steps below and check if you are able to update it manually from the computer.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the wireless display adapter is listed, expand it.

4. Right click on the driver and check for updates.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Downgrade software for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v 2

Yes, I try and successful install software update for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. After update adapter reload and I can't connect to it from my tablet.

Of course I try all steps in this article, but in this article no information about how downgrade adapter(((

Andrew Korkin, Dec 21, 2018
  4. How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - How to downgrade Firmware Version 1.3.8305 to 1.2.x

MS Team,

Narrowed down the problem. For some reason, the 1920 * 1080 resolution refresh rate on Wireless Display Adapter is set to 30 Hz

on Firmware 1.3.8305, but in firmware 1.2.x the refresh rate is at 59 Hz.

Verified it on another Display Adapter whose firmware is not upgraded.

How can I downgrade the firmware from 1.3.8305 to 1.2.x.?????

Regards,

Vasuki

----- Originally Identified and Reported Problem --------

Hi MS Team,

Just got the Wireless Display Adapter, works like charm on Dell Inspiron with WiDi and Samsung phone. The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app on Win10 did a firmware upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.3.x Series. Post that connected my OnePlus Two with Lolipop 5.1.1,
    Refresh Rate problems, the Screen does not refresh like the PC or Samsung Note 3 Neo phone. Help Please.

Is there a way to reset the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

----- Originally Identified and Reported Problem --------

Vasuki Narayan, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter

1. How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter - Similar Threads - downgrade firmware Wireless

2. Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.: I am looking for a offline installer for drivers and firmware to support my units wireless hdmi display adapters that we use for our classroom projectors. We got new surface pro's and they don't have the drivers needed to connect to the adapters. We do not have the option to...
  3. Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.: I am looking for a offline installer for drivers and firmware to support my units wireless hdmi display adapters that we use for our classroom projectors. We got new surface pro's and they don't have the drivers needed to connect to the adapters. We do not have the option to...
  4. Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver: Hi, how can i downgrade the firmware not not the driver as been responded on the so many questions on forum, i want to revert firmware to first release....
  6. Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver: Hi, how can i downgrade the firmware not not the driver as been responded on the so many questions on forum, i want to revert firmware to first release....
  7. Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver

8. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Display Adapter: How to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapter/3055f568-416e-4290-b86b-e02d69f02d1a
  9. No Audio After Firmware Update - Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

No Audio After Firmware Update - Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello. I'm quite vexed by this issue, and wish there were a way to downgrade the firmware on my MWDA. I have the adapter plugged into an HDMI port on my TV a 1080p set. Previously, I had no trouble with audio or video. Everything worked great. The setup I'm using is I have...
  10. Wireless Display Adapters Firmware Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Display Adapters Firmware Issue: I am hearing that it is not a good idea to update the firmware on the wireless display adapters ... is this true??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapters-firmware-issue/d30f660e-ee09-44e8-9b55-0c479f4d04dc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade microsoft wireless display adapter

2. mirascreen firmware downgrade

3. downgrade firmware microsoft display adpatater

4. how to change firmware on wireless display receiver,
  5. miracast adapter firmware downgrade,
  6. reset firmware downgrade microsoft display adapter,
  7. how to downgrade wifi deiver,
  8. how to downgrade your network adapter,
  9. wireless adapter firmware microsoft 1.3.8383,
  10. latest firmware for ms wireless adapter wont install,
  11. display adapter firmware update 1.3.8383,