Windows 10: How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery

Discus and support How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer's been a mess since I bought it from a pawn shop. It was working perfectly when I bought it, but when I tried to reset it it crashed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Toxiconym, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Toxiconym Win User

How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery

My computer's been a mess since I bought it from a pawn shop. It was working perfectly when I bought it, but when I tried to reset it it crashed and continually started restarting. I fixed it, but after that I found my computer was 32 bit with a 64x bit processor, so I tried to upgrade it to 64 bit but the windows media creation tool isn't working properly so I'm going to try to downgrade to Windows 7 instead. How do I do that without using the recovery option (because it' not showing up for me)?

EDIT: Oh wow I'm stupid, I'm currently using Windows 10 Home.

:)

Toxiconym, Oct 12, 2015

2. Downgrade without product key

I downloaded windows 10 about 6 months ago and i want to down grade to windows 7. In the recovery setting it does not have the option to downgrade and i don't have my windows 7 product key. I don't want to buy one. is their any ways to recover my old product
    key or downgrade without it.

Windows 10 Downgrade help!!!!!- Original Title

Anthony Antonellis, Oct 12, 2015
  3. How to get back to Windows 7 without the recovery screen freezing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1:
    I would suggest you to try app troubleshooter and check if it works,

Run the app troubleshooter from the below link

Refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to perform SFC,

Method 2: Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

b. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

c. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

I would also suggest you to update all windows updates and app updates installed on the computer.

Reply us if you have any further more queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

You can't upgrade from 32 to 64 bit, you need to do a clean install which means using the Media Creation Toll you need to create a flash drive to boot and install from. Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Oct 12, 2015
  5. Toxiconym Win User
    I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. When I bought the computer, it was 64 bti with 8 gbs of RAM. Now, it says "32 bit with a 64x based processor". Which means something went wrong along the way, which is why I'm trying to downgrade to windows 7 so I can upgrade back to Windows 10 or stay Windows 7 if it fixed itself.

Toxiconym, Oct 12, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    If Windows 10 was installed as an upgrade, and activated, you can clean install it again (including changing the "bitness") and it will automatically activate online. You don't need to go back to 7.

Read the "clean install" link in post #2.

I know of no way that a 64 bit Windows installation could have transmogrified itself into a 32 bit OS all by itself. Your post does not compute.

bobkn, Oct 12, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you want to go back to Windows 7, you are going to have to have a product key and an ISO file that matches it to make an install USB or DVD with. Then clean install Windows 7.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery - Similar Threads - downgrade without recovery

2. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to window 7??: Hi,Currently I am using window 10 "Windows 10 Home Single Language" in my personal laptop. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade the same to window 7.1. From a long time, I am facing slowness and due to that I am not even using 50% of my disk capacity.2. It...
  3. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade to window 7??: Hi,Currently I am using window 10 "Windows 10 Home Single Language" in my personal laptop. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade the same to window 7.1. From a long time, I am facing slowness and due to that I am not even using 50% of my disk capacity.2. It...
  4. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Downgrade to the Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to the Windows 7: My computer came with Windows 7, which I love. I wanted to try Windows 10, so I did the backup & got no error messages & it said the backup was complete. Next, I installed windows 10 with no problem, but I don't like it and want to go back to windows 7. When I try to restore...
  6. Downgrade to the Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade to the Windows 7: My computer came with Windows 7, which I love. I wanted to try Windows 10, so I did the backup & got no error messages & it said the backup was complete. Next, I installed windows 10 with no problem, but I don't like it and want to go back to windows 7. When I try to restore...
  7. Windows 7 Downgrade

Windows 7 Downgrade: I have a Canon MP240 Pixma printer. I was told by Canon that I need to downgrade to Windows 7 to get a driver so my printer will work. Please tell me how I can do that. It is critical....
  8. Downgrade To Windows 7???

Downgrade To Windows 7???: Is it possible to "unallocate" my Hard Drive and Install and run Windows 7? I'm wondering if my pre-installed windows 10 hardware will "warmly welcome" the downgrade install with "open arms"? What complications might I encounter? Are there any preliminary actions I...
  9. Downgrading to Windows 7

Downgrading to Windows 7: I still have the option to downgrade to Windows 7, I'm wondering if I do, will I still have my files and programs that I downloaded and installed in Windows 10. 65614
  10. Downgrade to Windows 7

Downgrade to Windows 7: I have found it necessary to Downgrade back to W7 from the W10 upgrade. Selecting Settings/Update & Security/Recovery does not present me with "Go Back to Windows 7". I am presented with "Advanced Startup" and then "Restart Now" Can anybody please help 55460

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 downgrade without recovery