Windows 10: how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home

Discus and support how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My win 10 pro installation will no longer activate. After any Win Update, my PC detects my original Win 10 Home license, but not my Win 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rocketship, Jan 29, 2023.

1. how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home

My win 10 pro installation will no longer activate. After any Win Update, my PC detects my original Win 10 Home license, but not my Win 10 Pro organizational license. I no longer have my Win 10 Home media. For years I've functioned without having Win 10 Pro "activated", but now I need to 'personalize' my display; that demands an activated version of Windows. I'm retired & my organization McDonnell Douglas Corporation has gone out of business, so I cant verify my Win Pro license via my organization. But I no longer need to use the company interface 'link' that is provided by Pro,so

:)

rocketship, Jan 29, 2023

2. Downgrading Win 10 Pro to Win 8.1 Pro and Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.

I need help with this topic. Is it possible to downgrade Win 10 Pro licence to Win 8.1 Pro and same thing for Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.
    If it is possible can you give me the steps how to do it.

Kind regards.

valentino.vlahovic, Jan 29, 2023
  3. win 10 downgrade to win 7

Hi,

You can downgrade it, BUT:

As it is an OEM preinstalled operating system Windows 10 Pro, you will have to contact Lenovo and discuss this with them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Windows downgrade rights ]

To use prior versions of Windows software on PCs installed with newer versions, it is possible for consumers to obtain a license for downgrade rights. These downgrade rights will vary depending on whether the software was acquired via Volume Licensing,
    OEM, or FPP. To learn more about these rights, review the
    downgrade rights licensing brief
    . Prior versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers like Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm.
    For more information, please see the Microsoft Lifecycle FAQ. A device may not be able to run prior versions of Windows if the
    device hardware is incompatible, lacks current drivers, or is otherwise outside of the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) support period.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jan 29, 2023
  4. how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home

DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

I refer to the following Microsoft Community Team’s query:

“……Remember that question you asked on
    Microsoft Community
    a few days ago?

Title:
    DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

The issue “DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO” is unanswered. The suggestion to refer to the link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
    does not answer my query as well. I knew the prerequisites of upgrading to Win 10 from either Win 7 Ultimate or Win 8.1 Home as I have read the min. requirements/machine
    specifications to upgrade directly either from the aforesaid OSes beforehand. The issue is whether from Win 8.1 Home downgrade to Win 7 Ultimate and from thereafter upgrade to Win 10 Pro possible without technicality issues. Nevertheless, since I cannot wait
    for either a reply to the abovementioned issue (or my reservation to upgrade from Win 8.1 Home), I then gathered/downloaded bits and pieces of probable drivers for my machine, formatted my HDD (1TB) for more than 18 hours, clean install Win 7 Ultimate SP1,
    activated using my previously purchased license and ran Windows afterwards, ran updates until repetitive error (around 25 KB updates failed to install many times) popped up during tiresome cyclic updates process. Fed-up with the errors after failed tries to
    source answers from Microsoft Community, I tried my luck by upgrading to Win 10 Pro. After couple of days, viola, I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro finally, whew! Now I am running this machine with Win 10 Pro for a couple of days now, being up to date and running
    very well. Hopefully no problem/s will arise.

Thank to those suggestions though.

TheGragasins, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home

1. how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home - Similar Threads - downgrade pro home

2. how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home: My win 10 pro installation will no longer activate. After any Win Update, my PC detects my original Win 10 Home license, but not my Win 10 Pro organizational license. I no longer have my Win 10 Home media. For years I've functioned without having Win 10 Pro "activated", but...
  3. how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to downgrade win 10 from pro to home: My win 10 pro installation will no longer activate. After any Win Update, my PC detects my original Win 10 Home license, but not my Win 10 Pro organizational license. I no longer have my Win 10 Home media. For years I've functioned without having Win 10 Pro "activated", but...
  4. Downgrading from Pro to Home!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading from Pro to Home!: Hello,I have a copy of Windows 10 Home I purchased in 2016 from Amazon. I've been using it with Parallels on my Apple Macbook. a few months ago I upgraded my Macbook, and got one with an M1 chip. At first Parallels and Windows didn't work at all, and then they caught up and...
  5. downgrading to home from pro windos 10

downgrading to home from pro windos 10: hai I have license for windows 10 home but last month changed motherboard & the service center guys installed pro version and now I tried to do a clean install.with windows media center but it always installing 10 pro again . any suggestion...
  6. Downgrade from Win 10 Pro to Home

Downgrade from Win 10 Pro to Home: I Recently brought a new laptop which had genuine Win 10 Home installed but i prefer Pro so i installed it but there was an activation error which said that "the digital license was registered for Win 10 Home Single Language user and not for Pro" so I want to know the proper...
  7. Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home

Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home: when i try to change its says 0xC004F069 my stupid brother installed a cracked windows 10 enterprise and said "it will help you , its the best windows version" without knowing anything about it. Damn it. Now i have a GVLK license and its gonna run out in 178 days , help...
  8. Downgrade from Pro to Home

Downgrade from Pro to Home: How do I downgrade from Pro to Home? My system seems to have Win 10 Pro... but I have Win 10 Home Product key so it does not accept it because it thinks that I have Pro version. I have tried everything for past 2 days, I have also changed the setting from different things...
  9. Downgrading from Pro to Home

Downgrading from Pro to Home: I downgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without losing personal files and apps today. The process took approximately two hours, and it was pretty scary, for obvious reasons. I had "researched" for the best procedure prior, but most of the information I got were...
  10. Downgrade from win pro to home edition

Downgrade from win pro to home edition: Hi. I got key for windows home edition, I took my pc to shop for repair but it is reformatted, they installed pro edition. Is it possible to downgrade to home edition ?. If yes how can I do this, if not what is solution ?. Please help. Thanks. 67557