Windows 10: How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

Discus and support How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed it to a usb drive and it IS still saying the same thing. I am going to scream. Did you just copy the iso file to the USB flash drive, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thekittymix, Sep 30, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

Did you just copy the iso file to the USB flash drive, or did you burn the USB flash drive from the image contained in the ISO file? You should have burned the image contained in the ISO file to the USB flash drive. Then you probably need to go into the computer's UEFI or BIOS and set it to boot from the USB flash drive first and boot the computer from the USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Sep 30, 2016

2. Er...sorry I am not good with laptops so what you said went out the other ear. I just clicked on the option to install it to my usb drive.

Thekittymix, Sep 30, 2016
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    You have to boot the computer from the USB flash drive. You will have to probably read the manual for your laptop to find out how to do that. If you tell us the exact make/model of the laptop, we might be able to look it up for you and tell you how to do it. When you first turn the computer on there will be a key to press - it could be DEL, INS, any of the F keys. Pressing that key right when you turn the computer on will bring up a menu of devices to boot from. If the USB flash drive is inserted when you do that, it should be among the devices listed to boot from.

NavyLCDR, Sep 30, 2016
  4. How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

okay thanks! Ill try that

Thekittymix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

1. How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition - Similar Threads - Downgrade Pro Home

2. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition: I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the...
  3. Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?: I have a computer that has Windows 10 Pro that I want to donate to a charitable foundation that houses and educates at-risk teenagers. The Director does not want the students to have access to the Pro version of Windows 10; all his existing computers have the Home version...
  4. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  5. How do I downgrade windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I downgrade windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition?: I have an unactivated trial version of windows 10 pro, but a key for windows 10 home edition. Unfortunately this key cannot be entered in the activation settings since it’s technically a lower class of windows, and Microsoft only allows you to upgrade your operating system....
  6. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  7. How to downgrade Windows from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 Home Edition

How to downgrade Windows from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 Home Edition: I bought a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home edition. My son somehow installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Now the windows's activation status shows "Windows is not activated" and the Troubleshooting tool displays the following message; "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  8. How to downgrade windows Pro to home

How to downgrade windows Pro to home: Hi , I bought a laptop with pre installed windows 10 home , but today updated my laptop windows 10 home to pro by third parties product key it was updated but showing windows isn't activated,. 1. How to get my original windows 10 home product key. 2. Is it...
  9. Downgrade from win pro to home edition

Downgrade from win pro to home edition: Hi. I got key for windows home edition, I took my pc to shop for repair but it is reformatted, they installed pro edition. Is it possible to downgrade to home edition ?. If yes how can I do this, if not what is solution ?. Please help. Thanks. 67557
  10. Win10 Downgraded Win8.1 Pro To Home Edition

Win10 Downgraded Win8.1 Pro To Home Edition: I was finally able to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10... All went perfectly until Windows told me it was not activated, which went smoothly... After rebooting Windows 10 again said it was not activated... I checked and even tried to reactivate it but not only would...