Windows 10: how to download a game to different drive

Discus and support how to download a game to different drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I cant download game to different drive... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by domak, Jul 1, 2021.

1. domak Win User

how to download a game to different drive

I cant download game to different drive

:)

domak, Jul 1, 2021

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Windows 10 and WildTangent game downloads

Hi Debkb,

I'd like to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly.

• Have you tried to disable Windows Defender when you download the game?
    • Did you download the game directly in their website?
    • Did you try to connect to a different network to see if the same issue persists?
    • Do you have a different user account like a local account? Can you try to download and install the game to see if the same behavior occurs?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you boot your computer into safe mode and then download and install the game. You may refer to this
    link. If there's a chance that you can download the file to a different computer and network, please
    save it to an external drive and then install it to your computer.

Raymond Ave, Jul 1, 2021
  4. how to download a game to different drive

i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

how to download a game to different drive

1. how to download a game to different drive - Similar Threads - download game different

2. How to run download games into a different drive from program x86

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to run download games into a different drive from program x86: So I want to download ac origins, but there isn’t any space to download it in my C drive and I was wondering what I should? should I get a bigger drive and what that will do to my saved game data or is there another option that is better, I have tried a lot of things but I...
  3. How to run download games into a different drive from program x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run download games into a different drive from program x86: So I want to download ac origins, but there isn’t any space to download it in my C drive and I was wondering what I should? should I get a bigger drive and what that will do to my saved game data or is there another option that is better, I have tried a lot of things but I...
  4. How to run download games into a different drive from program x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  6. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  7. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Games on Different Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Games on Different Drive: Heya!I just had to have Windows re-installed on my PC. I had most of my games installed on my D: drive but I'm unsure how to get Windows to recognize them so I can play. I'm not able to see them in the Xbox app like normal. Any help is appreciated....
  9. Playing a game on a different drive

Playing a game on a different drive: I just installed a new ssd into my computer and I still have the hdd installed. I want to buy the game pass while its on sale to play sea of theives, as I have done in the past, and I still have it installed on my old hdd. How do I play the game without booting from the old...
  10. Downloading to a different hard drive

Downloading to a different hard drive: I just built a custom pc and it has 3 hard drives in it. One Samsung 970 pro drive, one Samsung 970 evo drive and one Seagate Barracude 2tb drive. The pro drive, or C:, is the default drive. However, I want to save that drive for current video project work. I would like to...