Windows 10: How to download and install the Microsoft Store

Discus and support How to download and install the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've accidentally uninstalled the Microsoft Store app. how can I reinstall it?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rowenark, Jul 26, 2020.

1. rowenark Win User

How to download and install the Microsoft Store

I've accidentally uninstalled the Microsoft Store app. how can I reinstall it?

:)

rowenark, Jul 26, 2020

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 26, 2020
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jul 26, 2020
  4. A_S00 Win User

How can I free up space taken up by an incomplete Microsoft Store download?

Found the solution. Steps I used to fix this:

1. Open the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, which is where the Windows Store puts its downloads. The WindowsApps folder isn't permissioned to normal users, so this has to be done using some utility that's being run as administrator (either a command prompt window, or some other file manager like 7zip; h/t ManSamVampire for the 7zip suggestion). DO NOT assign ownership of the WindowsApps folder to your own user account to gain access to it, as doing so will cause major problems and can't be easily undone (h/t Ramhound's answer for this warning).
    2. Sort the subfolders inside WindowsApps by the date they were last modified; this will let you easily find the folders that have recently had new stuff put into them.
    3. In my case, the offending subfolder was called MSIXVC, which is apparently a type of installer used by the Windows Store. Inside, I had an anomalous 37GB file created last night with no file extension, called "8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE". Given that this file was enormous, created at the right time, and in a subfolder suggesting it was an installer, I concluded that this was the droid I was looking for.
    4. From within your run-as-administrator utility, delete the offending file. I deleted the ginormous, bafflingly-named file from the MSIXVC folder, and lo and behold I had all my disk space back!

Now redownloading and installing Outer Worlds. This time I'll know better than to turn off my computer partway through.

A_S00, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. How to download and install the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - download install Microsoft

2. how to download Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download Microsoft store: I don't know how the Microsoft app got removed from my Lapi, but now I am Trying to download it not getting option to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/72555287-5001-47ff-8b3f-b551369755b6
  3. how to download Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to download Microsoft store: I don't know how the Microsoft app got removed from my Lapi, but now I am Trying to download it not getting option to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/72555287-5001-47ff-8b3f-b551369755b6
  4. how to download Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download Microsoft store: how to download Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/6ed9ee59-acd1-40d6-a07a-b6edc37ee164
  5. how to download Microsoft store

how to download Microsoft store: how to download Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/6ed9ee59-acd1-40d6-a07a-b6edc37ee164
  6. how to download Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. how to download microsoft store

how to download microsoft store: hellowell i'll go straighttwo or three hours ago i reseted my windows because it had a lot of errors and a lot of things didn't work wellanyways now everything is goodbut i can't find my micrsoft store i searched how to get it again but without any resultso what should i do...
  8. How to download and install Minecraft purchased in Microsoft Store

How to download and install Minecraft purchased in Microsoft Store: Hi, I purchased Minecraft in the Microsoft Store. I can see it in the order history. When I press Minecraft link in the order history it asks me pay again. How I can resolve this? Best regrads Romualdas...
  9. Microsoft Store not downloading/installing

Microsoft Store not downloading/installing: Hi Thank you for taking the time to examine my quandary. So I had some problem with my HP Envy all in one printer-scanner. I tried to uninstall the HP app which didn't allow me to do so but I eventually found a way. I had the same issue as described in this link and the...
  10. MICROSOFT STORE DOWNLOADS AND INSTALL

MICROSOFT STORE DOWNLOADS AND INSTALL: OS NAME=MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSION=10.0.17134 BUILD 17134 SYSTEM MODEL=HP LAPTOP 17-BS0XX SYSTEM TYPE=X64-BASED PC 9/10 RING APP INSTALL CODE 0x80246019 MY RING DOORBELL ACCESS IS NOT AVAILABLE WITHOUT PC APP.. THANK GOD ANDROID PHONE APP HASN'T LOST ACCESS....